Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    The 2009 Poker Run Calendars to benefit Make A Wish are now ready to order
    Smile
    Please order your 2009 Poker Run Calendar to help the Make A Wish kids out.
    After hearing about all the money the Make A Wish kids were losing out on due to the cancelation of the Smoke On The Water Poker Run we decided to try and help out.
    Marc and Bob did a awesome job on putting on one of the best poker runs in the country and it is sad that it has been canceled, but here is a way for the performance boaters to help the kids once again.
    With the help of a few great people we have put together a awesome looking calendar that you will be proud to hang on any wall.
    When Jay Nichols and Tim Sharkey heard of what was going on they both said they would like to help the kids. They opened up their portfolios and let us choose whatever we wanted, wow, what great pictures we had pick from. We have awesome pictures from most of the major brands. Thanks Guys.
    Then we made a few calls to get some sponsors to cover the cost of the design & printing.
    MitcherT was the 1st to sponsor. You all are aware of his incredible talent as boat painter but he is just a great man to deal with. He is one of the most honest and nicest guys you will ever do business with.
    Next was BobTheBuilder from Fort Myers Offshore. Bob is another one of those guys that is always trying to help out any way he can. Bob is another super nice guy and I’m sure you are all aware of him from Team Predator.
    Then came Terry Sobo from NorTech. Terry was very willing to pitch in and help out such a good cause and you are all aware of what great boats they build.
    And now I want to thank Precision Printing & Design. We had to change printing companies at the last moment and the people at Precision stepped up and did a awesome job for us.
    I want to thank all of you; we couldn’t have done it without your help.
    The calendars are 2 page 11x17 full color with a different boat for every month. The dates of all the poker runs for 2009 that have been confirmed are also on there.
    To order, you can call Make A Wish direct and make a $20 donation for each calendar. Order more then 1, they make great gifts and are tax deductable.
    Call 1-877-631-9474 ext 0 and tell them you would like the Poker Run Boat Calendar
    Thank you all very much and please order and help these kids out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Make A Wish Cover 1.jpg   Feb Sample.jpg   Precision Printing & Design.jpg  

2. Collapse Details

Great Job JB and thanks for helping the kids

Marc

3. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Glad they're done. Will call tomorrow and order several.

Congratulations to all involved for their hard work in putting this together. Once again, makes me proud to say I know all of you from being part of this site.

4. Collapse Details

Great job JB.. It's people like you that make things happen for kids in need...
    Some days your the fist and some days your the face!

5. Collapse Details

Don't thank me, thank the sponsors and the great photographers that supplied the pictures. I just put it together.

6. Collapse Details
    SHARKEY-IMAGES
    Thumbs up
    Happy to see it all worked out !

7. Collapse Details

SO Tech Expert/Sponsor Mitcher T's Avatar
    Great News, JB!

I can't wait to get my supply to send them to my friends. It was my pleasure to be involved in this project.

...and thank you for your gracious comments. It means a great deal to me. You're a good friend.

8. Collapse Details

Banned
    Cool! Can't wait to see it.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by JB4Boyne View Post
    Don't thank me, thank the sponsors and the great photographers that supplied the pictures. I just put it together.
    You contributed to the project just as much, like you have done for years. We all apprieciate every one's hard work for the children.

10. Collapse Details

ordered mine today

11. Collapse Details

I just called the lady at Make A Wish. She's still working on the details, but she will take your name, address, and phone number, and call you back when she is ready to take the order.
    Brian Tillett; Active Thunder Factory Representative
    wwwActiveThunderBoats.com
    brian(a)activethunderboats.com

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Mitcher T View Post
    Great News, JB!

I can't wait to get my supply to send them to my friends. It was my pleasure to be involved in this project.

...and thank you for your gracious comments. It means a great deal to me. You're a good friend.
    Does that include nieghbors or do I have to order my own????????

13. Collapse Details

SO Tech Expert/Sponsor Mitcher T's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HOTROD2 View Post
    If you let me keep riding thru yer yard on my snowmobile without shooting at me, I'll stop over and give you one. How 'bout that?????????

14. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Great News, JB!

I can't wait to get my supply to send them to my friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOTROD2 View Post
    If you let me keep riding thru yer yard on my snowmobile without shooting at me, I'll stop over and give you one. How 'bout that?????????
    Don't worry, he sold the AR and isn't a very good shot with the pistols. Just stay out of shotgun range, ride fast, and you're safe.

15. Collapse Details

Come on guys...lets help these kids out.
    I'll post some of the stories so you can see how the money is used.

This year, Thanksgiving held immense joy for 6-year-old Alyson and her family. This sweet little girl’s wish – to have a holiday shopping spree at Macy’s in New York City – came true. And Macy’s even treated Alyson to an extra surprise – VIP seats for the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.

Alyson, who along with her twin sister, Andrea, has cystic fibrosis, wished to travel with her family to New York for Thanksgiving week.

For Alyson, a holiday shopping spree at Macy’s was a dream come true. She wanted to be sure wish-granting volunteers knew Macy’s was her favorite store, so she wrote it down for them and underlined it several times. Employees at Macy’s flagship Herald Square store got Alyson’s message; they were ready to welcome her with a personal shopper when she arrived for her shopping spree.

But Alyson loves more about Macy’s than just the shopping: Watching the Macy’s Annual Thanksgiving Day Parade on television is a Thanksgiving-morning tradition in her family – a tradition that she was able to live out in person this year when she and her family took their seats along the famous parade route.

Alyson and her family enjoyed VIP seats for the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.
    Macy’s also surprised Alyson with a rare behind-the-scenes look at the parade staging area. Alyson saw the final touches being added to the famous floats and watched her favorite balloon characters come to life as crews filled them with helium.

Alyson’s wish week was filled with the excitement of holiday shopping at Macy’s, the magic of the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade and the thrill of seeing a spectacular city at its finest. And most of all, it gave Alyson and her family memories befitting the Thanksgiving holiday — memories of blessings and joy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails alyson_macy_s_shopping_spree_thumbnail.jpg  

16. Collapse Details

Becoming a US Army Ranger is one of the hardest things a person can do. But Master Sergeant Alexander Barnett, who can march miles a day wearing a 50-pound pack and do more than 50 pushups per minute, thinks wish kid Riley, 14, can teach him a few things about being tough.

Barnett met Riley when he asked the Make-A-Wish Foundation to see how the Rangers train. The 16-year Army veteran was often awed by the teen diagnosed with cystic fibrosis as he ran him through drills at Camp James E. Rudder, where the Rangers tackle the swamp phase of their training.

“I was shocked that he asked to do this,” Barnett told reporters. “He’s a city boy. He could’ve asked to go to the Super Bowl.”

Riley returns from a helicopter mission.
    Watching movies like Black Hawk Down and Band of Brothers inspired Riley to research the physically and mentally exhausting training Rangers endure. That led him to the 6th Ranger Training Battalion. The secluded camp houses Ranger trainees and instructors during the final phase of their training.

Fortunately, Riley didn’t have to arrive like the other students: by parachute.

But that doesn’t mean his hosts planned for him to be a spectator. They started slowly, seeing how he reacted to challenges like crawling in mud and crossing a rope bridge in frigid water. They wanted to give him a sense of accomplishment and see how he far he wanted to push himself.

“We pushed him to the limit, and he was awesome,” said Master Sergeant Jose Marengo. “That boy’s got nothing to prove. He’s tough.”

Marengo didn’t even deduct points when Riley decided not to rappel.

“That was too scary,” Riley told The Bayonet, a newspaper covering Ft. Benning. “I just couldn’t do it.”

During his training Riley also floated through a swamp on a Zodiac inflatable boat and watched as 64 Rangers parachuted from a C-130 airplane at night. He also did a practice jump from a mockup of a C-130.

On graduation day at Fort Benning, Riley’s mother pinned the Ranger tab to the custom uniform the Rangers gave him. He recited the Ranger creed from memory. And he did his best to keep his eyes dry…along with his mentor, Marengo.

“I wasn’t the only one,” Marengo insisted.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails riley_ranger.jpg  

17. Collapse Details

Great cause, I will be ordering some calendars soon....

Great job to all those involved.....

18. Collapse Details

We at RPM would like to help increase sales of the Make-A-Wish 2009 Poker Run Calenders by running this ad our upcoming issues. If anyone has any opposition to their logos being used please let me know and I will remove it asap. I personally would like to thank everyone involved in producing this calander for such a great cause. Great job to all involved in making it happen.
    Rob

19. Collapse Details

Thanks Rob, that looks great. `I want to thank you for all your help. Let me know if there is ever anything I can do for you.

20. Collapse Details

No problem JB, I had to pull the pic due to a misspelling.. I will repost it here shortly once the change is made..