Thread: Super Brut 17

1. Collapse Details
    Super Brut 17
    Does anyone have any pics and info on the 38 cig Super Brut ...number 17....

Mike

2. Collapse Details

3. Collapse Details

yup that's the video that i saw it at....boat lloks sharp....whats the history on it.....pics pics

mike

4. Collapse Details

not sure the hisotry but its a sexy boat
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails scan00354.jpg  

5. Collapse Details

37'6" it's the exact lenght. Former Ajac Hawk World Champ at Key West in 1981.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Black Tornado View Post
    37'6" it's the exact lenght. Former Ajac Hawk World Champ at Key West in 1981.
    no wonder it's such a bad ass looking boat.....more pics

Mike

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by chrisk View Post
    not sure the hisotry but its a sexy boat
    boat looks bad aszz.

8. Collapse Details

I worked for a place called American Racing in Hallandale Fla, Right across the street from Crane Cams (before they moved to Daytona) We Kept that boat in our shop, I would Pull up with my 1970 SS Chevelle and Siphon Cam2 Racing fuel from the boat, I could tell the difference if I left it running when the Cam2 made it to the Carb, and the smell, Ohhhhhhhh The Smell, Sweeeeet Like Honey............

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by thedonz View Post
    Does anyone have any pics and info on the 38 cig Super Brut ...number 17....

Mike
    Open class world champ 81, US national champ 82, retired ~84?

Hull lost to the ages....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BRUT.jpg   sbrut38marathon.jpg   superbrut.jpg  

10. Collapse Details

one of my fave's from back in the day..

11. Collapse Details

Icon/Founding Member Top Banana's Avatar
    Rhode Island - Summers / Florida - Winters
    Don's third race boat called "The Cigarette", the original 32 foot Cary with a 9" 6" beam was stretched to become the first Cigarette race boat at 36 feet. It was then stretched to a 40 footer. At the same time Don had a new 35 designed that had an 8 foot beam. That boat was very good and won a lot of races...naturally he stretched it again to 39 feet.....but this time it was too jumpy.

SOOOOO at this point, 1978....Jerry Jacoby talked Don into blocking the 39 foot by 8 foot mold down to a 37.6 length. They pulled a hull from that and put on a old race deck from the 36 footers. Of course it was too wide, so they cut off the excess and glassed hull and deck together. The boat was rigged out and loaded on a freighter bound for South America for the World Championships.

When the boat arrived in Mar del Plata, it was wrapped in plastic covering. We all gathered around for the unveiling and witnessed....AJAC HAWK. Owned and driven by Jerry Jacoby and throttled by Bobby Saccenti, the first 37.6 Cigarette in the world.

Of course, years later when the movie came out and was a big success, Cigarette grabbed the title for this model ....and forever it has been known as the "Top Gun".

When Craig Barrie came along years later, he had some connection to the Brut money and he signed on as crewman..... and Brut became the sponsor for the team.
    Light travels faster than sound....that is why some people appear bright until we hear them speak!!

12. Collapse Details

Top, Craig was hooked up with "Faberaege" spelling? thus the "BRUT" think it was family? Craig later became Pres. @ Cigarette also did alot with Hawk Power thus the result "Cigarette Hawk" I forget where the AJAC came from? Was it the race boat--owner's Bus. name or?

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    Top, Craig was hooked up with "Faberaege" spelling? thus the "BRUT" think it was family? Craig later became Pres. @ Cigarette also did alot with Hawk Power thus the result "Cigarette Hawk" I forget where the AJAC came from? Was it the race boat--owner's Bus. name or?
    Tango,

Wife's initials Arlene JACoby for the business name that was AJAC Transmissions.

C.B.

14. Collapse Details

C.B. thanks for the memory up-date !