Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Collapse Details

Thanks ,yes she is coming together slowly,we have not made any plans to come to Florida ,but if we come over ,its going to be at the end of the summer ,we have a lot of work now ,the boating season has just started here .

A.J

2. Collapse Details
    some pics
    The swimplatform had to be a little longer to cover the Arneson drives and sharp props ,I used a 3/8 thick aluminium plate that is bolted in place .
    Extra reinforcement pipes has to be welded to the frame ,and bolted to the transom to add more strength for the extension,this is on the list for next week.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 025.jpg verkl.jpg   027.jpg verkl.jpg   030.jpg verkl.jpg  

032.jpg verkl.jpg   033.jpg verkl.jpg  

3. Collapse Details
    finished exhausts
    Today I finished the exhausts for both engines ,the tips are Hardin marine with a flapper inside ,I welded those onto a 4 inch male thread pipe ,while the inside exhaust is welded to a female 4 inch thread bushing,this way I can screw the tips onto the inner exhaust ,so there is nothing but stainless steel underwater.
    I tried to keep as much space in the center between both exhausts,so the small 4 kw diesel generator could fit in there .
    The generator is several years old ,but new,never run before ,and I got it very cheap thanks to my Hustler friend !

Next week I was hoping to make the 1 1/2 inch water pick ups that are adjustable in height .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 14-5 -2010 030.jpg verkl.jpg   14-5 -2010 031.jpg verkl.jpg   14-5 -2010 032.jpg verkl.jpg  

14-5 -2010 033.jpg verkl.jpg   14-5 -2010 034.jpg verkl.jpg  
    Last edited by sterling; 05-14-2010 at 05:26 PM.

4. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    An incredible project.

Really looking sweet.......
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

5. Collapse Details

Start off with the propellers turning the other way.. Inboard Rotation....

That looks damn good.. Good Job!

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Rik View Post
    Start off with the propellers turning the other way.. Inboard Rotation....

That looks damn good.. Good Job!
    Ok,I will switch props , the shift cables are not installed yet ,so thats easy
    Whats your intention with inboard rotation ,more bowlift ? the 6 blades are 21 inch diameter ,so I was expecting tremendous stern lift ,but like you mentioned in an earlier post ,, never sell a prop before you try ,, so I will do .

Thx A.J