Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by GENERAL LEE View Post
    LOL, it's only been out for a couple of years! I'm not trying to be the H20 mascot, just trying to give them a break from the complaints so they don't feel like their efforts are going un-noticed.

I started supporting them after they simply corrected a mistake with my subscription awhile back, by sending all of the missing issues to me by express mail asap. Ned also followed up with me to insure that I had received all of them, and that I was aware my subscription going forward would be taked care of, as well as be "started over". That's ONE subscriber out of thousands, so I noticed. As anyone that's been powerboating for awhile knows, having ANYONE in this business give a chit about you, is a mini victory!

After getting the shaft by some of the other magazines that unfortunately had financial troubles, it was nice to see H20 was doing well, AND cared enough about it's readers likes & dislikes to stay informed through the forums. The only other magazine I remember doing that was Extreme Boats, but unfortunately they weren't able to stay afloat.

Over the last couple of years, we're essentially down to just Powerboat, Performance Boats, & H20 for our magazines that ONLY cover powerboats. Poker Runs America is nice too, but more of a "photo album" (which I like!). I love the forums, but still like the magazines, so hopefully these remaining few will make it. Powerboat has been more like a brochure lately, since advertising money is more scarce, and I am not aware of how Performance Boats is holding up, but I hope it's positive.

Since Ned is the only one of the magazines' that actively posts with regard to what's coming up in the next issue, how the magazine looks to us, giving away free subscriptions, etc, I try to support them in any way I can? They continue to improve the product by finding out what the readers want rather than assuming, and give us the best content possible as a result.

It's no different than supporting Chris & this forum, to help him make it the best he can for all of us to enjoy.
    I'm glad that question was asked because I remember you being one of the biggest complainers out there about this magazine.

But like anything else you have to look at stuff in perspective. Its not the end of the world if you dont get a magazine delivered,Free or Otherwise.

Its 2009 and there is more important stuff to worry out.

I hear its a great magazine though.

2. Collapse Details

Founding Member - E Dock GENERAL LEE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Airtime View Post
    I'm glad that question was asked because I remember you being one of the biggest complainers out there about this magazine.

But like anything else you have to look at stuff in perspective. Its not the end of the world if you dont get a magazine delivered,Free or Otherwise.

Its 2009 and there is more important stuff to worry out.

I hear its a great magazine though.

You are absolutely correct Airtime, I was pizzed! I was very impressed with Ned after he addressed my tiny subscription issue immediately, instead of running to hide like so many do in the powerboat business. I would explain why I was so impressed, if I hadn't already done so 3 times in this thread alone. One thing I did not do however, is accuse him of stealing subscription money, like your "source" accused him of. The only people that would assume something like that, are people that are professionals in that field themselves.

I have no problem being a prime example of someone that was vocally unhappy with the way things HAD been handled, only to be more than satisfied with their efforts to fix the problem. It showed me that they aren't interested in being a "one hit wonder", rather than a credible source in the offshore boating world.

Hopefully the ones that got signed up for a free subscription will enjoy the magazine, and try to support H20 just as much as the magazine has supported them! :coolgleamA:

3. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by GENERAL LEE View Post
    You are absolutely correct Airtime, I was pizzed! I was very impressed with Ned after he addressed my tiny subscription issue immediately, instead of running to hide like so many do in the powerboat business. I would explain why I was so impressed, if I hadn't already done so 3 times in this thread alone. One thing I did not do however, is accuse him of stealing subscription money, like your "source" accused him of. The only people that would assume something like that, are people that are professionals in that field themselves.

I have no problem being a prime example of someone that was vocally unhappy with the way things HAD been handled, only to be more than satisfied with their efforts to fix the problem. It showed me that they aren't interested in being a "one hit wonder", rather than a credible source in the offshore boating world.

Hopefully the ones that got signed up for a free subscription will enjoy the magazine, and try to support H20 just as much as the magazine has supported them! :coolgleamA:
    Then you are exactly the same as the current naysayers. You complained quite vocally as I understand it and then when the magazine addressed your complaints you changed your attitude. Seems very reasonable to me and I agree with what they did to help you and I agree with what you did by thanking them.

So when that happens with the current batch of complainers we should expect the same course of events.The problem is easily fixed and could be accomplished within 4 working days...but it isnt.
    So rather than praise the magazine for stepping up, because they arent, the complaining continues.
    In actual fact the magazine has decided to do exactly the opposite of what they did for you, and more, so the current reaction by people should be easily understood by you and the magazine.
    I hear the first issue was very nice.

4. Collapse Details

Founding Member - E Dock GENERAL LEE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by catastrophe View Post
    Then you are exactly the same as the current naysayers. You complained quite vocally as I understand it and then when the magazine addressed your complaints you changed your attitude. Seems very reasonable to me and I agree with what they did to help you and I agree with what you did by thanking them.

So when that happens with the current batch of complainers we should expect the same course of events.The problem is easily fixed and could be accomplished within 4 working days...but it isnt.
    So rather than praise the magazine for stepping up, because they arent, the complaining continues.
    In actual fact the magazine has decided to do exactly the opposite of what they did for you, and more, so the current reaction by people should be easily understood by you and the magazine.
    I hear the first issue was very nice.
    It's not worth arguing about at this point. In the end it doesn't involve me, and the majority of everyone in this thread are happy with the mag. I'm definitely not SO interested in explaining my point, that it's worth going back & forth with anyone over. I'd just like to see another magazine become big that directly covers powerboating.

5. Collapse Details

Registered

6. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I haven't jumped in, and maybe shouldn't:

I like Ned's mag, it's incredible from last year. I like the free offer he gave our members for this year.

Ned did everything asked when the mixup with Brandon was brought to his attention. I was involved there.

I haven't received my free issue yet, and maybe I won't the first one. (I think my mailman's a boater) But, Ned has already PM'd to say if I don't, let him know. If I don't get the second one, I'll subscribe. That way my mailman always gets one.....

But for 90% of our members who signed up to have received their magazines for free, and still having some continue to show up, everything on both sides of this issue should have been cordial. Let's get there from now on. SOme of you seem to act like he stole all your money.

Ned, sometimes I do wish you were a little less high-strung..... Take care

Later
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

7. Collapse Details

They say patience is a virtue - and my copy did show up in the mail today. It's a great magazine - as expected, and I'm thankful that Ned saw fit to make this offer.

Seeing as it was mailed in a white envelope with no apparent marking (aside from return address) of what publication was inside, it seems unlikely that a copy would be "intercepted" by a boat-loving mailworker. My instinct says just wait it out and everyone's copy should arrive sooner or later...

8. Collapse Details

Ned, extremely thankful for this offer and was worth the wait .... I received mine today in Miami... GREAT pics and articles.... again Thanks Ned and next time in Miami look me up we'll go for a ride in the Motion..

9. Collapse Details

I never received mine.
    I guess like the old saying goes, Get what you pay for. So I understand.

10. Collapse Details

Mine just showed up today - Thanks Ned!

11. Collapse Details

Got mine. Great read. Good job.

12. Collapse Details

Than'x it's a keeper

13. Collapse Details

Ned thank you, I got mine yesterday in the mail, very nice work

14. Collapse Details

Ned. Mine just hit my mailbox in Jacksonville, FL yesterday. Thanks a ton. I haven't had a chance to crack the cover yet, but if it's like past issues, it'll be great. Thanks again.

15. Collapse Details

Mine arrived today to St. Petersburg FL. Very Very high quality very impressed thank you!

16. Collapse Details

still waiting in Mich.

17. Collapse Details

Got mine in NY today..... thanks Ned, looking forward to reading the issue.

18. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Friggin incredible.....

They all get shipped from overseas around 6/23. The first ones start to arrive 6/29, it's now 8/03 and they are still showing up.....

And they announce out Post Office lost 8 billion $ and is looking at ways to save money..

Hey, I got an idea, let's put them in charge of health care........
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

19. Collapse Details

Still nothing in Syr.N.Y. Oh well nothing lost nothing gained,

20. Collapse Details

Just got a very nice magazine today. Logistics are a b!tch. I'm subscribing. GREAT magazine!!