Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Jim Darr Still Full Of It!
    His reputation is again lived up to. He has been trying to buy props from me for over a month. Kept sending me offers several thousand less then I was asking. I listed a set of props and he offered $1500 less. I told him come up $500 and I’ll give them to you and pay shipping. He says ok I will wire the money. I need to have them by the weekend (it was wed) so send them overnight. I told him I would cover standard shipping he would have to pay the difference. He said give him the wire info. He will do the wire first thing in the am (Thursday)., I’m going out of town Thursday night so I have 1000 things to do but I make time to go to Miami where I have the props because “ he had to have them” . I head to Miami and get stuck in traffic for 4 and a half hours due to a rain/hail storm and a fatal accident. I grab the props and while I’m there the secretary hands me my statement for and asks if I can write a check. I write her a check out of my boating act, which I keep a low balance as I give that card number out over the internet quite a bit and I accept wires for stuff I sell. Same account he was sending the wire to. Get back up to my office and sure enough, no wire. Too late to go to the bank I email him and he tells me he was out of town and he would do the email 1st thing in the am. I tell him, I was counting on the wire to cover a check I wrote. I didn’t make it to the bank in time to make a deposit. If you don’t do the wire, I will be overdrawn. He told me he would be at Regions bank 1st thing. Friday morning I’m traveling so I have my secretary email him to please be sure to handle the wire. If you can’t or there is a problem please let her know as you know the situation. No response, no reply, NO WIRE. My secretary gets nervous and goes to make a deposit for me but he gets there after 2:00 which falls as next day business.
    Wed. He is going to wire Thursday.
    Thursday night: Gino, just got home, will take info to Regions in the am for wire
    Friday morning no response.
    Friday night. Gino, just got home, got funds wiring this afternoon,
    Sat Morning: I had to transfer $ from my investment account to checking, I got it out late afternoon, I to am out of town, Had to drive to Eldon to a branch, I know they said after 2pm, the wire would go next business day, I'll get the confirmation info to you in the am, I'll call bank to see if they wire on Sat.
    Sat night: they don't wire on Saturday, will get it to you Monday first thing, thanks jim
    Sat night Gino, cutoff is 2pm at the bank, hope it did'nt cause a problem, If I was'nt out of town I would of had it done earlier
    Sunday night everyone has said 10deg rake is way too extreme and just wont work . I'll try to stop the wire in the am
    TONIGHT-the wire did not go out.

I know, I am the fool here. I took his word he would follow through. I took his word he would handle the wire espicially after I explained the situation and told him if he couldn't do it Friday, please let me know. That simple.

Tonight he has the balls to tell me-but my decision had nothing to do with your embarassment due to you bouncing a check, that is not handling finances properly. this deal was between me and you only. I don't plan on telling anybody you bounce checks either, its a dead issue, thanks Jim

2. Collapse Details

This guy needs some serious help,no pun intended.Nothing like getting jerked around while trying to do someone a favor. This guy could be big scotty's brother.Some people shouldnt breed.

3. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lubejobs42 View Post
    His reputation is again lived up to. He has been trying to buy props from me for over a month. Kept sending me offers several thousand less then I was asking. I listed a set of props and he offered $1500 less. I told him come up $500 and I’ll give them to you and pay shipping. He says ok I will wire the money. I need to have them by the weekend (it was wed) so send them overnight. I told him I would cover standard shipping he would have to pay the difference. He said give him the wire info. He will do the wire first thing in the am (Thursday)., I’m going out of town Thursday night so I have 1000 things to do but I make time to go to Miami where I have the props because “ he had to have them” . I head to Miami and get stuck in traffic for 4 and a half hours due to a rain/hail storm and a fatal accident. I grab the props and while I’m there the secretary hands me my statement for and asks if I can write a check. I write her a check out of my boating act, which I keep a low balance as I give that card number out over the internet quite a bit and I accept wires for stuff I sell. Same account he was sending the wire to. Get back up to my office and sure enough, no wire. Too late to go to the bank I email him and he tells me he was out of town and he would do the email 1st thing in the am. I tell him, I was counting on the wire to cover a check I wrote. I didn’t make it to the bank in time to make a deposit. If you don’t do the wire, I will be overdrawn. He told me he would be at Regions bank 1st thing. Friday morning I’m traveling so I have my secretary email him to please be sure to handle the wire. If you can’t or there is a problem please let her know as you know the situation. No response, no reply, NO WIRE. My secretary gets nervous and goes to make a deposit for me but he gets there after 2:00 which falls as next day business.
    Thursday night: Gino, just got home, will take info to Regions in the am for wire
    Sat Morning: I had to transfer $ from my investment account to checking, I got it out late afternoon, I to am out of town, Had to drive to Eldon to a branch, I know they said after 2pm, the wire would go next business day, I'll get the confirmation info to you in the am, I'll call bank to see if they wire on Sat.
    Sat night: they don't wire on Saturday, will get it to you Monday first thing, thanks jim
    Sat night Gino, cutoff is 2pm at the bank, hope it did'nt cause a problem, If I was'nt out of town I would of had it done earlier
    Sunday night everyone has said 10deg rake is way too extreme and just wont work . I'll try to stop the wire in the am

I know, I am the fool here. I took his word he would follow through. I took his word he would handle the wire espicially after I explained the situation and told him if he couldn't do it Friday, please let me know. That simple.

Tonight he has the balls to tell me-but my decision had nothing to do with your embarassment due to you bouncing a check, that is not handling finances properly. this deal was between me and you only. I don't plan on telling anybody you bounce checks either, its a dead issue, thanks Jim
    Damn Gino, you'd think the guy would learn. Did you tell him to move to Nigeria? He'd fit in well.....
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

4. Collapse Details

5. Collapse Details

Gino I want to buy your MTI for asking price but I have some friends coming to town and we want to use it right away. Can you have it idling at the ramp Friday afternoon? I will wire the money on my way to the ramp. I know it needs special fuel so can you top it off and I will send you the extra gas money?

COULD LIGHTNING STRIKE TWICE?

6. Collapse Details

Just got this email

I sent him.
    I got delayed getting your props. If you did what you told me it wouldn’t have been a problem. You just lie and lie and lie. You couldn’t be a f**** man and tell me you couldn’t do the wire and I would have handled it. I am going to slam you until the day you die.

He sent to me
    ok,you made the decision to be a cry baby, and make a death threat, I'm going down now to make a report on you and turn in this email at the Sheriffs office, they'll be on you in no time, have fun behind bars,

I sent him a death threat? Anyone see that in my email? This guy is a Fruit Loop!

7. Collapse Details

Gino, Why in the world did you even make this deal?

And for the record, No, I see no death threat.
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

8. Collapse Details

Just got this email

I sent him.
    I got delayed getting your props. If you did what you told me it wouldn’t have been a problem. You just lie and lie and lie. You couldn’t be a f**** man and tell me you couldn’t do the wire and I would have handled it. I am going to slam you until the day you die.

He sent to me
    ok,you made the decision to be a cry baby, and make a death threat, I'm going down now to make a report on you and turn in this email at the Sheriffs office, they'll be on you in no time, have fun behind bars,

I sent him a death threat? Anyone see that in my email? This guy is a Fruit Loop!
    Un FK'n believable Gino!!!

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    Gino, Why in the world did you even make this deal?

And for the record, No, I see no death threat.
    Because i'm an idiot. He emailed me on props about 6 times. He sounded sincere. I should have learned from eveyone elses mistake. Truthfully the props are a very small part of this. Lying about the wire again and again is what ****es me off. Why wouldn't you be upfront? I told him the situation with the bank. He told me it was handled.

10. Collapse Details

I thought you were a pretty nice guy when we met in Cumberland a few years ago, not an idiot.

I hope you can get some recourse out of this guy. It never fails to amaze me.
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

11. Collapse Details

I'm sure Masher will love this story.........................again!!!!

12. Collapse Details

Because i'm an idiot.
    I doubt that Gino! U try 2 B decent & give your fellow human the benefit of the doubt & unfortunately there R alot of them that don't deserve it!!!! good luck Dude!!

13. Collapse Details

Dang Gino....I am sitting here laughing and shaking my head....WOW some people huh?
    best of luck it this one. Mike
    Mike
    2006 Fountain 38TE..CC..Outboards Baby!

14. Collapse Details

un friggin belivable from what you wrote he is going over the edge sorry to hear it

It was over for me when he used another guys real name (new owner of awsome cats at the time) as his screen name seems like he is leaving a wake of of issues with evry one he deals with what a shame

15. Collapse Details

Just got this email

I sent him.

He sent to me

There is no death threat, dude's bluffing - "slam you" is not a death threat.
    Sorrry for your frustration.

16. Collapse Details

What a tool that guy is. D-bag.

17. Collapse Details

that really suxs
    Precision Marine Performance Engines

18. Collapse Details

My guess is he was trying to trick you into shipping them without the wire going.

Total scumbag. He'll F- the wrong person one of these days. I'm looking forward to crossing his path this year in LOTO.

19. Collapse Details

Sorry to hear about it gino. World class ass hole and criminal. Pathetic loser and there is a long line of folks looking forward to seeing him at loto this year. Take a number.

Go fvck yourself Darr, love masher
    VP of Operations, GLOC's Fastest Pontoon 2009

20. Collapse Details

It's really a shame. There are so many good people on these sites that we belong to. I have done favors for strangers i don't know, just last week I had someone in Cali do a major favor for me. If it wasn't for these sites we never would have crossed paths. Then you have guys like this loser,and you all remember Big Scotty and Fred Cecil etc that use this site to prey on trusting people.

I think this guy needs to be banned once and for all.