Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

12 Months of boating Can you sell Jodie on moving south

2. Collapse Details

It's too hot to go out in the sun in july , august and september except at night and we all know frankie isn't a night boater !! So that still leaves 9 months for boating !! Just have to find a way to make a living there . Payscale is not what it is here.

Better yet Billy , you buy a house on like a nice wide canal with 3 lifts and we'll come visit for a while.

3. Collapse Details

Sur I'll buy it you just pay the mortgage for me

4. Collapse Details

I saw some 3-4 BR houses, 2500-3000 sq ft, on 1/2 to 2 achres between $200 - 300K. Lots of foreclosures down there... A house in Pete's neighborhood was bought a few years ago for $775K, 3500 sq ft on 5 achres. Owners mortgaged it to the hilt (to the tune of $1.2 M). It went into foreclosure and the bank sold it for $489K.

Someone I met down there got into the business of doing appraisals for the banks and cleaning out foreclosed homes. he's bringin in $10K a month just in appraisals.

John's right about jobs...there are none! There are brand new strip malls all over the place and they're all EMPTY...its crazy but it's also a great buying opportunity if you have the cash and can figure out how to earn a living.

It's very tempting to have a small mortgage.. shoot I could work at home depot to pay for it! lol

5. Collapse Details

I have a little bit more cleaning up to do before the engines go back in tomorrow but that's pretty much it! Sorry for the leaves, the damn oak trees are starting to drop some chit!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Project X 010 (Large).jpg  

6. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Lookin nice....
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo36 View Post
    Someone I met down there got into the business of doing appraisals for the banks and cleaning out foreclosed homes. he's bringin in $10K a month just in appraisals.
    I'm a part-time appraiser. We had a rough 8ish months in 08 but things are back to booming in 09. My boss is doing around 70/mo or $28K/mo. I try to do about 10-15/mo- enough to keep our turn around times good but not too many that I don't have time to enjoy blowing the extra $$

8. Collapse Details

Mark,

Now I understand why this guy Barry who owns an appraisal company can afford to own two 30+ boats and keep it at the marina. He has a formula fastech and a cruiser... He parks them next to each other, decides which one he's going to take out or takes them both out in the same day... Must be nice!!

9. Collapse Details

I got both engines back in and rigged, exhaust, beauty rings and mufflers on Saturday morning. I installed the drives last night after the mothers day festivities. The engine alignment was perfect!

All that's left is drive oil and the engine hatch mods!

Billy, thanks for your help with loading the engines on the truck Friday night and helping me to drop them off Saturday morning. I owe you BIG TIME!

Frank
    Last edited by Geronimo36; 05-11-2009 at 09:38 AM.

10. Collapse Details

Anytime I can't wait to see how it runs!

11. Collapse Details

I got both engines back in and rigged, exhaust, beauty rings and mufflers on Saturday morning. I installed the drives last night after the mothers day festivities. The engine alignment was perfect!

All that's left is drive oil and the engine hatch mods!

Billy, thanks for your help with loading the engines on the truck Friday night and helping me to drop them off Saturday morning. I owe you BIG TIME!

Frank
    So Frank when are you going to sea trial her and could you post your gains , just curious ?

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Ginger View Post
    So Frank when are you going to sea trial her and could you post your gains , just curious ?
    I haven't set a date, it all depends when I get the engine hatch done. Probably 1-2 wks, well see!

I'll definitely post results!

13. Collapse Details

NY poker run?

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jhenrie View Post
    NY poker run?
    Well see after some testing but it's lookin like a possibility!

If I need props maybe not or I'll just run slow and keep the R's down.. lol

15. Collapse Details

Drives all filled up with oil and only the engine hatch left!!!! Hopefully I'll have time after work tomorrow to start grinding the clearancing the hatch and get it ready for the glass work.

16. Collapse Details

Engine hatch is clearanced and glassed...I also angled and radiused the support stringers like they're supposed to be, unfortunately the previous owner just cut them end left them raw. I decided to pigment the resin but don't ask me why.. lol I have a good 1" to 1 1/2" clearance at its lowest point under the hatch and between the rear of the flame arrestor. I even stood on top of the hatch while it was shut to make sure it wasn't hitting anything when it flexes.

Next comes the finish work and paint..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Project X 012 (Large).jpg   Project X 015 (Large).jpg  

17. Collapse Details

Just about finished!

If it's not raining after work I'll drop the hatch on and bolt up the upholstery and I'm DONE!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Project X 016 (Large).jpg  

18. Collapse Details
    Finished!!!!
    Project X is finished!!!

First pic is last year and the last two after the project.

The whole project from start to finish can be found here; http://s706.photobucket.com/albums/w...view=slideshow
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NYC2008-4 (Large).jpg   Project - X 002 (Large).jpg   Project - X 003 (Large).jpg  

19. Collapse Details

Project X is finished!!!

First pic is last year and the last two after the project.

The whole project from start to finish can be found here; http://s706.photobucket.com/albums/w...view=slideshow
    Are you going to NYC poker run.

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 14 apache View Post
    Are you going to NYC poker run.
    Hey Eric what's up! As of now my plan is to go and I'll feel much better once I test the boat this weekend!