Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Mercury 1075 rebuilds
    Sent (2) 2006 1075 SCi in with 125 hours.

One engine 32K
    Second Engine 31K
    Extras I chose for both engines 9,500

Retail Total: $72,500

Oem and dealer cost bring the total down, but this is what the retail is.

2. Collapse Details

Earlier post had extras I chose not to do which increased the price to earlier mentioned price. Rather then get emails on how I'm lying, I re posted with the price that reflects the end total I chose to do.

3. Collapse Details

That still sounds super high. Oh well i supose everyone has the right to eat...

4. Collapse Details

I guess you have an appropriate user name......bend over and "BraceYourself"

I certainly can't afford to play in the big league.....

5. Collapse Details

who said you were lieing????
    Hi, Im Dave.. Welcome, glad to have ya.....

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Outdrive Man View Post
    That still sounds super high. Oh well i supose everyone has the right to eat...
    Well, It may be high in some eyes but just think................. He will be boating come early spring and not waiting for the engine builder to get around to it!

7. Collapse Details

I would recommend to anyone else need rebuilds sending them to Sterling. He just did mine for considerly less!!

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by J-Bonz View Post
    Well, It may be high in some eyes but just think................. He will be boating come early spring and not waiting for the engine builder to get around to it!
    My thoughts also..
    35 Cigarette Mistress

9. Collapse Details

point was that advertising that high of a price was kind of unfair to mercury

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Outdrive Man View Post
    point was that advertising that high of a price was kind of unfair to mercury
    How was it unfair to post the price Merc quoted him?

Braceyourself said his earlier post had extras he chose not to do which increased the price to the earlier mentioned price. He chose not to go with all the extra work, but it was what Merc wanted to charge.

11. Collapse Details

Mercs prices are way over the top, BUT they deliver an excellent product. To some its worth it.

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by BraceYourself View Post
    Earlier post had extras I chose not to do which increased the price to earlier mentioned price. Rather then get emails on how I'm lying, I re posted with the price that reflects the end total I chose to do.
    That's queer (not you; the ones that sent you the emails..)

If any thing the higher the price Merc quoted you the better someone else would look doing the EXACT same work for a lower price.

Say Merc profit margin is 30% and builder A is say 20%. The more work you get done the bigger difference in price will be. 10% of $10K is more than 10% of $1K so the more work you get one the better the lower profit percentage price will look (sorry to dumb it down-had to spell it out for some of our "smarter" members..).

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MarylandMark View Post
    That's queer (not you; the ones that sent you the emails..)

If any thing the higher the price Merc quoted you the better someone else would look doing the EXACT same work for a lower price.

Say Merc profit margin is 30% and builder A is say 20%. The more work you get done the bigger difference in price will be. 10% of $10K is more than 10% of $1K so the more work you get one the better the lower profit percentage price will look (sorry to dumb it down-had to spell it out for some of our "smarter" members..).
    could you repeat that chit !

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by RHC View Post
    could you repeat that chit
    I could using the quote button- if I had to think about what I was trying to say again I'd get confused.

I sent you an email saying Happy New Year and never heard back- figured you didn't like me anymore... (think I read you got a new house or some thing?)

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Murf View Post
    How was it unfair to post the price Merc quoted him?

Braceyourself said his earlier post had extras he chose not to do which increased the price to the earlier mentioned price. He chose not to go with all the extra work, but it was what Merc wanted to charge.
    Point is kind of along the lines as to what marylandmark is explaining, i would take all of that and then add that the dealer is going to tax the job and thats where the numbers skyrocket...in todays market ive noticed the "msrp" getting left behind and now we have the m.a.p. or market advertised price and that is the number i would consider if i was fortunate enough to be shopping around for this type of work. Its my understanding that the refresh program was meant so that guys could deal directly with mercury racing with out having the hassle of a middle man. anyway who cares what his rigger is actually charging him. And it is kind of "queer" lol, that someone would call him a liar as its his money to spend.

16. Collapse Details

If you can afford merc. its diffently the best route. Will be done when promised and unmatched reliability. Another couple years of trouble free boating.

Way out of my league though.

17. Collapse Details

Double R Performance and Wherever We Need To Be
    Retail on a factory refresh is $22,810 per motor.

Mercury Racing Celebrates Big Block Sterndrive Refresh Anniversary

FOND DU LAC, Wis., Nov. 30, 2007 – Mercury Racing is celebrating the one-year anniversary of the “Factory Fresh” engine refresh service for 850 SCi, 1075 SCi and 1200 SCi sterndrive engine packages.

The factory-direct service, based at Mercury Racing’s world headquarters in Fond du Lac, Wis., features complete inspection and refresh of the engine – from the bare cylinder block through a final power run on a dynamometer.

The refresh service center is strategically located in Mercury Racing’s 4-Cycle Race Shop and staffed by the same technicians who built the engine originally. Mercury Racing technicians work their magic, taking the engine down to the bare cylinder block. In addition to the block, the crankshaft and all other rotating components are washed and magnafluxed to ensure metallurgy integrity. After the long-block assembly has been refreshed, it goes through Mercury Racing’s electrostatic, high-solid, polyurethane paint process to bring it back to like-new condition.

Replaced rotating components include the camshaft, pistons, rings and connecting rod bolts. Cylinder head re-work includes the replacement of intake and exhaust valves, valve springs, retainers, valve seals, valve locks, rocker arms and lifters. Superchargers are inspected and updated with new snout bearings and seals. The refresh process includes the replacement of high-tension leads and a set of spark plugs, oil and fuel filters, all belts, special head gaskets, seals, hoses, impeller, and other miscellaneous hardware.

850 SCi/1075 SCi/1200 SCi Refresh Service Parts Kit Contents:
    • (1) Set valve springs
    • (1) Set valve locks
    • (1) Super charger snout kit (bearings & seals)
    • (1) Set retainers
    • (1) Set valve seals
    • (1) Set lifters
    • (1) Set cylinder head gaskets
    • (1) Oil and fuel filters
    • (1) Set spark plugs
    • (1) Sea pump – impeller kit
    • (1) Set exhaust valves
    • (1) Set intake valves
    • (1) Set rocker arms
    • (1) Set pistons and rings
    • (1) Set rod bolts
    • (1) Camshaft
    • (1) Set belts
    • (1) Set high tension leads
    • (1) Special shipping crate
    • Miscellaneous gaskets, seals, hoses, hardware

Retail price for the refresh of one engine is $22,810. The fee covers labor and replacement of parts included in the standard refresh kit. Additional fees apply for labor and parts which are above and beyond the standard refresh.

Replacement parts used in the refresh carry the same warranty the engines are sold with – 180-days for the 850 SCi, 90-days for the 1075 SCi and no warranty for the 1200 SCi. Refresh work is backed by a 30-day labor warranty

Factory Fresh is just another point of differentiation Mercury Racing has versus its competitors. No one can match Mercury Racing’s dealer and service network.

Owners are encouraged to direct their engine refresh service to qualified 1075 SCi/850 SCi Total Engine Application Management (T.E.A.M.)-accredited OEM boat builders and dealers.
    Double R Performance

18. Collapse Details

Sounds cheap to me ,, you have to remember what type of engine's your talking about !!

19. Collapse Details

I think if i had to use someone for a 1075 rebuild it would be scorpion racing.....I know frank knows those motors like the back of his hand....He did peter meyers motors and he won the worlds in the hard rock fountain....As far as pricing goes what sterling and mercury gets is a joke.....imho
    Still searching for the ultimate old school project....

20. Collapse Details

Sounds cheap to me ,, you have to remember what type of engine's your talking about !! The job they have to do and the type of boat they are in, is it a lot of money , yes, but if your gonna play u gotta pay !! good luck j

RHC