Thread: Slip Lease

1. Collapse Details
    Slip Lease
    Just cut my annual check for the lease on my 12' X 28' slip on a covered dock at our local pond. $2K. The only chuckle I get out of sending the payment in is that the person's name I send the check to is Dee Dee Rentmeister. This is the last year of a 5 year master contract the County has with the group running the Marina. The master agreement establishes the lease rate and it is locked in for the duration of the contract. There is already talk of the County wanting to raise the rate by a minimum of 10% with the new master agreement. That will be hard to swallow considering the economy and the dilapidated condition of the docks (1976 vintage). If you don't mind sharing, what are the rest of you that slip your boats paying per year?

2. Collapse Details

$1550 but there's just a lift attached to the dock (we own the lift, rent the space). No bathroom (well, not totally true--Adam and Beth offer their place all the time), no cover from the sun, but it is residential and quiet, so there are some pluses. It's not all bad, that's for sure.

Oh, and our docks are steel so they're in great shape and only need painting every 4 or 5 years.
    Queen of Bammin'

3. Collapse Details

$8 per foot or $320 per month for a 40'x18' covered slip. The slips are brand new and are accessible with golf carts and that makes it nice.

We do have security and bathrooms available as well as showers at the other location but you have to go by car to get there. The deckiing in concrete and they do a good job of replacing the tiles whenever they chip.

The lift is mine and I had to pay to have it installed but they do not charge extra for having a lift in there.

Other places on the lake are anywhere between $7 per foot and $9 per foot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1991 Cafe' Racer 068.jpg   1991 Cafe' Racer 069.jpg   1991 Cafe' Racer 070.jpg  

4. Collapse Details

registered
    440/Month High & Dry X 12 months = 5280
    Wet slips run $9.5/foot/month.
    Last edited by cigdaze; 02-26-2009 at 04:23 PM.

5. Collapse Details

2100.00 for slip my liftClick image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0421.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	47.3 KB 
ID:	20143

6. Collapse Details

Local city owned marina where I used to have a slip is $850 for the season. Basically a 12x28dock space, electricity, gas dock, ramp, and porta potties. You can have your own lift installed and your own cover. I gave up the slip and have a dry dock spot for $350 a season.

7. Collapse Details

by me it is $6.36 per foot for high and dry, 3 sides covered (the back is open). 4 sides covered, which is hardly any different the way the buildings are situated, is $8.04 per foot.

Both prices include tax.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    Local city owned marina where I used to have a slip is $850 for the season. Basically a 12x28dock space, electricity, gas dock, ramp, and porta potties. You can have your own lift installed and your own cover. I gave up the slip and have a dry dock spot for $350 a season.
    Is this at LOTO?

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Sea-Dated View Post
    $8 per foot or $320 per month for a 40'x18' covered slip. The slips are brand new and are accessible with golf carts and that makes it nice.

We do have security and bathrooms available as well as showers at the other location but you have to go by car to get there. The deckiing in concrete and they do a good job of replacing the tiles whenever they chip.

The lift is mine and I had to pay to have it installed but they do not charge extra for having a lift in there.

Other places on the lake are anywhere between $7 per foot and $9 per foot.
    This is a very nice setup. Similar to what I am used to at LOTO. I don't have any summer pics of my current slip, but here is a winter shot of the dock (second dock in the pic in the background). As you can see, it's best days have been behind it for about 20 years! At least my lift, which I own, is in decent shape. The 1' wide fingers make cleaning the starboard side of the boat an adventure. Second pic is of the Marina. Nothing special - toilets, shower, beer/pop/water, a grill for burgers and such, and a gas dock.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails winter07 002.jpg   winter07 044.jpg