Thread: Mercedes Boat

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by FastDonzi View Post
    JT Throttled for Both of those Runs, I wonder which of these boats he would choose if this ever came to a Head (to Head)
    SKATER

2. Collapse Details
    WHY?????????????
    Length Over All (LOA) 41' - 8”
    Beam 10' - 6”
    Fuel Capacity 270 Gallons

http://marinetechnologyinc.com/Windo..._Pleasure.html

Why always all the BS???????

The boat 42MTI is LOA 41'-8".................so how long is the bussel??????

3. Collapse Details

Bill.....Gino.....Bill......Gino..........what about Chip or Gary????

4. Collapse Details
    How Long????
    Quote Originally Posted by blume View Post
    Length Over All (LOA) 41' - 8”
    Beam 10' - 6”
    Fuel Capacity 270 Gallons

http://marinetechnologyinc.com/Windo..._Pleasure.html

Why always all the BS???????

The boat 42MTI is LOA 41'-8".................so how long is the bussel??????
    How Long??????????????????

5. Collapse Details
    Question
    How Long??????????????????
    How long is the bussel, my guess is 3.5 to 4 feet???? So the running surface of a 42 MTI is 37.8 to 38.4???? Who knows.

6. Collapse Details

Going 100+ mph, even more so at 150+ the running surface is considerably shorter, the front steps are lifted from trim and Rocker (if any) and only the last step or two are contacting the water, the Angle of attack on the steps to the water at that speed is pretty much identical being 0* to 3* or 4* Maybe 5* degrees. I say they both have about 10' of running surface going that fast, the 43' or 41' becomes irrelevent. then power and aerodynamics take over (and Balz)

7. Collapse Details

Bill.....Gino.....Bill......Gino..........what about Chip or Gary????
    Yes-Chip and Gary will be there.

8. Collapse Details
    Thumbs up
    Quote Originally Posted by FastDonzi View Post
    Going 100+ mph, even more so at 150+ the running surface is considerably shorter, the front steps are lifted from trim and Rocker (if any) and only the last step or two are contacting the water, the Angle of attack on the steps to the water at that speed is pretty much identical being 0* to 3* or 4* Maybe 5* degrees. I say they both have about 10' of running surface going that fast, the 43' or 41' becomes irrelevent. then power and aerodynamics take over (and Balz)
    yeah.....yeah.......yeah................how long is the bussel????

9. Collapse Details
    Thumbs up
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorone View Post
    39' running surface for the mti compared to a 388 running surface on the skater
    Since no one will say how long the bussel is, I think the running surface on the MTI is 37'.8" or 38'.4"............so that would be a 42' MTI without the bussel would be around a 38' boat. Assuming a 3.5 to 4 foot bussel.
    we need a drag race

10. Collapse Details

Since no one will say how long the bussel is, I think the running surface on the MTI is 37'.8" or 38'.4"............so that would be a 42' MTI without the bussel would be around a 38' boat. Assuming a 3.5 to 4 foot bussel.
    we need a drag race
    Blume, you seem to be very concerned with this. I would think you would be too busy selling skaters then to put so much time into this.

I am looking forward to this very much. I personally think we are going to run very well.
    Since you are putting so much time into trying to analize this issue, you may want to start out with the correct facts.

The Mercedes boat is a 44' MTI not a 42'. I think they are about the same running surface.
    So.........According to your calculations....Assuming a 3.5 to 4 foot bussel.
    the running surface on the MTI is 40' or 40'.8"............

11. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm getting a little curious now.

Just what do you consider the running surface? And, assuming you had a boat sitting there, how would you go about measuring it????
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

12. Collapse Details

The running surface is the part of the boat that is in contact with the water hence the the fountain argument (remove the beak and platform and what is it really).
    I run a 42 MTI and the speeds that Gino and Bill (and others) are running in a measure mile set coarse are simple amazing. These are not drag boats and to be able to position and settle these boats in that minimal amount of time is remarkable.
    My hats off to them both.
    Whats with all this Skater Nation nonsense?
    $48,900.00