1. Collapse Details
    what happened to Dean.....????
    he was right......the oil bubble did burst.......

2. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor glassdave's Avatar
    I remember reading and thinking that would be great but doubted it could happen. At the time i was thinking hell i'd be happy with three dollars a gallon. now . . . the big question . . . how longs it gonna last?
    Throttles- Cleveland Construction/Traffic Light Racing 377 Talon cat

3. Collapse Details

honestly, I think they pushed us to the breaking point and they really found it. I dont think it was realized how much many americans live beyond their means. it may creep back up some, but I dont think it will go to the extreme it was, or everyone will stop using rec toys like our boats, rv's and such.

4. Collapse Details

I miss Dean, he was always such an optimist......

5. Collapse Details

Jay and Cat had him committed to the funny farm after the election, for his own protection
    Run until it sounds expensive

6. Collapse Details

It is very unlikely oil will rise to the levels from a few months ago. Hedge funds were leveraged 10:1 and sometimes more, using all the extra buying power to buy oil futures. The likelihood that hedge funds will remain fairly unregulated and allowed to lever themselves to that extent is not good.

Keep in mind, in 1998, we were in a booming economy and the price of a barrel of oil was just $6. If Enron was still in business we would have seen prices in the $200+ range.

However, with all the money printed we are doing, oil would rise if the dollar began to slip again. For now, the foreign investors seem more comfortable with their reserves in dollars than the currencies of their own fledgling economies.

Either way, people will reject higher oil prices and the 'powers that be' will have fresh in their minds what high oil prices can do to their economies. . . not to say our current decline is due to high oil prices, but it is related.

7. Collapse Details

As a reaction to all that Canada is building two new oil refineries to insulate us from lack of supply BS......one on the east coast one on the west coast

8. Collapse Details

I conversed with him a couple months ago- he said he was real busy with his business.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I conversed with him a couple months ago- he said he was real busy with his business.

10. Collapse Details
    Four hundred pound liar
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    He also said he had a personal trainer and worked out at the gym three or four days a week.

11. Collapse Details

He was busy with work I think.
    Warning: This post may contain language unsuitable for minors or math not suitable for liberal-arts majors.

12. Collapse Details

I heard today the Saudi's are complaining now that it's toooooo low ! It should be held around $75 a barrel UGH these freaking oil people are never happy

13. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    thank goldman sachs for high oil prices of the past , remember they were the ones who said oil was going to $200.00 a drum.

14. Collapse Details

The Saudi's said "A fair price for oil is $75" We should lock them in at that price on a 20-year contract with adjusts for inflation. I bet they'd STFU after being offered that one.