Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    I was guessing more along the lines of fire hydrant......
    No, that's what they use the fence for!

2. Collapse Details

Without ever meeting you I have very much respect for you. Good man.
    i didnt drink steczs koolaid...

3. Collapse Details

Once again, great job Gino. I'd say you have a giant heart when it comes to the furry guys.

4. Collapse Details

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	047.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	42.2 KB 
ID:	61598

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	092.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	52.3 KB 
ID:	61599

this is just two of the pets that we had save

the black one is black thunder and the yellow one is mac we got two more i will post pics later

5. Collapse Details

You are a great man... So far I have rescued five dogs, five cats, and a parrot. We still have them all.... Plus some big exotics. Glad to see there are many animal lovers on the board..

6. Collapse Details

Thank goodness none of the problems we too serious to cure. After 2 weeks at our vet he is doing great.

He has been at my house for about a week. He is an absolute love! He is so grateful, he sits by the door when he needs to go out. He will sit on your lap with his head on your chest for hours. He is absolutely beautiful.

The problem is my middle guy, Euey will not accept him. He is so depressed he won't eat. We thought he would come around but it's not happening. I need to find a good home.
    I will only give him to someone I can trust. I want him to go to someone I know. I have had people tell me: "I have a neighbor that will take him".
    I can't do that. Anyone here "personally interested, please let me know. I will supply the first month of food, bed, toys, leash and collar.

I hate to give him up. I just don’t see my other boy coming around at all.

Thank you
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails baby Duke 001.jpg   baby Duke 002.jpg   baby Duke 003.jpg  

7. Collapse Details

Appleton, Wisconsin. Where we have 2 seasons... winter and road construction
    Awwww. Gino, introducing a new pet into the family can be intimidating to the current pets. I say.....give it more time....Play with all 4 of the pups together to socialize them. Maybe your one pup is mad because the new pup is receiving all the attention right now.

Again, you are a great man for what you do for our furry friends!!
    •_•_•____•_•_•

8. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    Gino glad the little guy is doing well, he is cute and still looks a little wobbly on his feet. Does the vet have any idea how old the pup is or how big it might get.

Please don't badger Gino, finding a good home where Mercedes can be top dog is a good idea. Three dogs, let along four is more than enough for one household. I had my first Yorkie for about 3 years when I brought home a Bichon, it did not work, I hung in for close to a year trying to socialize them, I finally gave in and found the Bichon a good home and everyone was happier, especially the people that wound up with him. Gino has a good heart and goes all out when it comes to helping strays so please do not make him feel bad because he can't keep them all.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht View Post
    Gino glad the little guy is doing well, he is cute and still looks a little wobbly on his feet. Does the vet have any idea how old the pup is or how big it might get.

Please don't badger Gino, finding a good home where Mercedes can be top dog is a good idea. Three dogs, let along four is more than enough for one household. I had my first Yorkie for about 3 years when I brought home a Bichon, it did not work, I hung in for close to a year trying to socialize them, I finally gave in and found the Bichon a good home and everyone was happier, especially the people that wound up with him. Gino has a good heart and goes all out when it comes to helping strays so please do not make him feel bad because he can't keep them all.
    Thank you.
    I am really having a tough time with this! I just don't know what to do. I feel so bad for the little guy but Euey should not feel like this in his own house.
    I wish i knew waht the riht thing is. I just wsh i could find the right person that I know will give him a good life.

10. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    to be quite honest if I was Gino and did this good deed and then people tried to pressure me to keep the dog I would be P I S S E D. Even most of the rescue groups have foster homes that keep dogs until they can be placed. Anyone with half a brain knows that there are limits to how many dogs one family can manage. Also in some townships it is against the law to have more then a certain amount of dogs per household, I could be wrong but I doubt Gino lives in some podunk out of the way rural area where you are free to start a kennel if you choose.

11. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lubejobs42 View Post
    Thank you.
    I am really having a tough time with this! I just don't know what to do. I feel so bad for the little guy but Euey should not feel like this in his own house.
    I wish i knew waht the riht thing is. I just wsh i could find the right person that I know will give him a good life.
    At this stage you should think of yourself as a kind and loving foster parent that is looking for a good home. I don't care what most people say but domesticated animals would prefer to be in an enviroment where they were able to get a lot of human attention, I am not saying that most dogs would prefer to be an only dog, but the more you have the less attention each one gets. You have a lot of contacts, I am sure in the not too distance future, like with Gina, you will find that perfect home.

12. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    too funny Daredevil, you seem to be spending a lot of time deleting posts, you must have acted pretty quick to delete your last post, it does not even show you posted it,
    now I realize why you get so much chit from everyone. In your erased post you stated "it's a good thing I don't (me) have kids", why is it you feel that way? Is it because I realize that people cannot be expected to permanetly take in every stray they find. I might not have any kids but through our school district I am a mentor to a nine year old girl. She comes from a mixed up family and her grandmother has custody and also takes care of Hope's four cousins all under the age of 6. The small apartment is overrun with kids and it has affected Hope's shool work and other areas in her life. I see her about 2 times a week and she can't wait to get to my house and then never wants to leave even though it's not all fun, we practice reading, she helps me cook, and helps in the garden. I used to wonder why a nine year old wants to spend time with a lady who is older than her grandmother (LOL Very young granny). It's simple, it's the fact that here she get's attention, she feels special. So kids are not that much differnt from dogs, while they do enjoy the company of other kids they do place a high value on attention.

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht View Post
    to be quite honest if I was Gino and did this good deed and then people tried to pressure me to keep the dog I would be P I S S E D. Even most of the rescue groups have foster homes that keep dogs until they can be placed. Anyone with half a brain knows that there are limits to how many dogs one family can manage. Also in some townships it is against the law to have more then a certain amount of dogs per household, I could be wrong but I doubt Gino lives in some podunk out of the way rural area where you are free to start a kennel if you choose.
    Actually, I'm not pissed at all. It's a different point of view. Dare believes since the new guy was rescued he will have a special loyalty. My 3 boys are little white lap dogs. The new guy could be the kind of companion that goes to work with me, and be a buddy.
    It is tempting and if Euey would have accepted him, that was the plan. Unfortunately, i don't think it's going to happen.
    I appreciate everyones feedback. if it was an absolute no brainier what to do, i wouldn't have to look for advice.
    Just different points of view.
    I appreciate them all!

14. Collapse Details

Gino,

He is an absolutely beutiful dog, and I wouldnt hesitate for a second to take him in. I showed the pics and thread about what you did for him to my wife. She thought what you did for him was incredible, but she is kinda hesitant on taking a second dog. After reading the above posts about splitting the attention, I have to agree somewhat, but I believe the attention the dogs give each other sometimes makes up for that, not in your case, since the two dont seem to get along. I am sure Harry and him would get along just fine, but would like to see him go to a home that doesnt already have the affection(and responsibilities) of a young puppy. If all else fails, and you get desperate to find a spot immediately, maybe we can foster him for a while, or longer. Just to show you that harry gets along with his playmates, here is a few pics of his buddies(one is his brother), and obedience graduation.

Rick
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3.jpg   4.jpg   14.jpg  

17.jpg   16.jpg   23.jpg  

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by rchevelle71 View Post
    Gino,

He is an absolutely beutiful dog, and I wouldnt hesitate for a second to take him in. I showed the pics and thread about what you did for him to my wife. She thought what you did for him was incredible, but she is kinda hesitant on taking a second dog. After reading the above posts about splitting the attention, I have to agree somewhat, but I believe the attention the dogs give each other sometimes makes up for that, not in your case, since the two dont seem to get along. I am sure Harry and him would get along just fine, but would like to see him go to a home that doesnt already have the affection(and responsibilities) of a young puppy. If all else fails, and you get desperate to find a spot immediately, maybe we can foster him for a while, or longer. Just to show you that harry gets along with his playmates, here is a few pics of his buddies(one is his brother), and obedience graduation.

Rick
    Thank you!
    The problem is my dogs a little pricy lap dogs that are very spoiled. Euey (the one that dosen't like the lab) loves toys. If you look at the picture above he has 100's of toys and he dosen't share them. The new guy came is, started taking all of his toys. He is a tougher breed puppy that likes to play. My guys are a little older and don't play very rough. Euey dosen't understand and he's scared.
    I'm sure things would be much better if the new puppy was playing with a bigger dog or an equal type temperment dog. My guys are use to etting brushed 30 minutes each every morning. The new guy likes to roll in garbage!

16. Collapse Details

Thank you!
    The problem is my dogs a little pricy lap dogs that are very spoiled. Euey (the one that dosen't like the lab) loves toys. If you look at the picture above he has 100's of toys and he dosen't share them. The new guy came is, started taking all of his toys. He is a tougher breed puppy that likes to play. My guys are a little older and don't play very rough. Euey dosen't understand and he's scared.
    I'm sure things would be much better if the new puppy was playing with a bigger dog or an equal type temperment dog. My guys are use to etting brushed 30 minutes each every morning. The new guy likes to roll in garbage!
    Is he lab, Pit or mix? looks kinda like a pit, which is one thing that scared my wife As far as sharing the toys, I know exactly what you mean, my fathers dogs(the chihahua, and the mini dachshound) get along great, and share toys. We took Harry over there for Easter for his first visit, and the first night harry got bit on his leg by the chihahua, almost started a family feud. As you can see, the mini dachshound and harry played ALL day, to the point Harry passed out(see below), but I gave them each a bone at one point, and apparently the chihahua will share his toys, but he wanted ALL 3 bones
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 22.jpg  

17. Collapse Details

Thank you.
    I just have to say....It is YOUR house. Not to be harsh about it...

If you realy want to keep this new Guy I can help you. It's realy not very hard to do.Just a little time and effort from You and your family...Just
    e-mail me if you want....

Either way You have once again done a GREAT thing for an animal in distress
    You should be very proud of what you have done
    No Beaks, No Pads, No Steps, No Bull

18. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    I just read that Gino placed him with someone that he knows is a great person and has one other similiar dog so they will be will matched. Re-reading my posts make me feel a little bad that I seemed so harsh but DD has a way of getting your back up. Also what I did not mention because it has been way to hard to talk or type about is about 10 days ago after a walk with my neighbor Deb and her Weimerimer, we were standing in her front yard talking with her mother, both dogs were on leashes (they have been around each other for 6 years) in a split second my yorkie decided to get fiesty and jumped and bit at Kendal's back end, Kendal in the next second attacked my dog and before we could get them apart tore my dog's neck open. Deb drove me to the ER vet while I tried to hold Kirby's neck shut, after the vet looked at him he felt there was to much damage to repair for a good recovery, so I made the heart wrenching decision to put my dog to sleep. Not only do I miss Kirby but I am wracked with guilt that I let this happen to him. Kendal has been in multiple training classes and has been a regular at doggy day care, but dogs are animals and it's hard to train the instinct out of them, just like with Rick's father's chihahua little dogs can be aggressive, with the right larger dog it can be sort of funny, but it only takes meeting the wrong one once and the outcome can be totaly differnt. Understanding the type of dogs Gino has, perhaps makes me more sensative to this issue, anyway it sounds like there will be a happy outcome for everyone, and give your dogs a hug and a kiss for me

19. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    All is good. Can't say thanks enough to all who posted here trying to help. And especially Gino once again.

Thanks.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!