Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

kvschoolboard
    what about Sorcerer, with the 1850's in it?

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by the bear View Post
    Great run Gino! Very impressive, congrats to you and your crew!
    Bear, sorry off topic....But I was there when that Sunseeker was on the dock that's in the pic in your avatar. Sad, sad, site. I have lots of pics. It was fresh off the ship being delivered.

ok, ok....Back to those high numbers.

I hear a rumor Gino's coming out to Havasu for Desert Storm. Gonna be interesting to have Bill and Gino both there and both signed up for the shootout
    Making the best in the industry BETTER since 1990...LIP-SHIP Performance: 305-933-9988

2010 Desert Storm Poker Run extravaganza - 04/22 through 4/25 Lake Havasu, Az.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Bear, sorry off topic....But I was there when that Sunseeker was on the dock that's in the pic in your avatar. Sad, sad, site. I have lots of pics. It was fresh off the ship being delivered.

ok, ok....Back to those high numbers.

I hear a rumor Gino's coming out to Havasu for Desert Storm. Gonna be interesting to have Bill and Gino both there and both signed up for the shootout
    it'll be like loto 2009 and 2007 all over again!.....

4. Collapse Details

kvschoolboard
    they were at the 2009 shootout, not even close

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by kvschoolboard View Post
    Yea, but I think the stakes are a bit higher now.
    Making the best in the industry BETTER since 1990...LIP-SHIP Performance: 305-933-9988

2010 Desert Storm Poker Run extravaganza - 04/22 through 4/25 Lake Havasu, Az.

6. Collapse Details

We had an electical short that would kill the Starboard motor and the boat would try to hook to the right. Things go a little different when both motors are performing properly.

7. Collapse Details

So who did what at the 2009 shootout? I Missed it and would like to know the details.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by FastDonzi View Post
    So who did what at the 2009 shootout? I Missed it and would like to know the details.
    Bill ran pretty good in 09'.......Would've been the fastest boat besides nauti marine had someone else not gotten away with an 80mph running start.
    Last edited by Coolerman; 03-13-2010 at 12:10 AM. Reason: spellign :-)

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Chummy View Post
    What engines were in it then?
    1550 sterling

10. Collapse Details

Founding Member - E Dock GENERAL LEE's Avatar
    The current Shootouts are kind if fun to watch for a little while, but not a credible or legitimate display of these boats' true potential, any more than a big air contest would be.

I'd love to see a "Shootout", that's at least a few miles long, or even better....a few miles long...WITH a reasonable running start.... Now THAT, would be a true measure of what these boats can do, and one HELL of a raftup party for the spectators at the same time!

11. Collapse Details

YUP> wow

12. Collapse Details

Like Blee said, an old school back street race with like a 40-50 mph side by side drop the flag race!!!!! That would be cool and give both a chance to be on plane and let the motors do the talking. 1 mile unfortunately does not allow the boat to really show what it has got. Yet, it definitely is a science for the awesome riggers to show their talent on how to max out your machine given the distance you have. Not taking anything from Callan or Scott who obviously figured out how to do this at LOTO for example but still not an accurate depiction of who is truly the fastest top end V or cat. Good luck to both in this discussion and remember, the top gun award is only good if you live to receive it so safety first!!!!

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer01 View Post
    Like Blee said, an old school back street race with like a 40-50 mph side by side drop the flag race!!!!! That would be cool and give both a chance to be on plane and let the motors do the talking. 1 mile unfortunately does not allow the boat to really show what it has got. Yet, it definitely is a science for the awesome riggers to show their talent on how to max out your machine given the distance you have. Not taking anything from Callan or Scott who obviously figured out how to do this at LOTO for example but still not an accurate depiction of who is truly the fastest top end V or cat. Good luck to both in this discussion and remember, the top gun award is only good if you live to receive it so safety first!!!!
    I wish there was an event like that. It would really show the potential of the boats. There are so many factors in a short, dead stop drag race. The smaller, lighter boats get going quicker. The bigger wider boats pack more air and are better handling at the higher speeds.

Besides, there is no better felling then looking at the boat next to you at the moment you realize you have him!

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by GENERAL LEE View Post
    The current Shootouts are kind if fun to watch for a little while, but not a credible or legitimate display of these boats' true potential, any more than a big air contest would be.

I'd love to see a "Shootout", that's at least a few miles long, or even better....a few miles long...WITH a reasonable running start.... Now THAT, would be a true measure of what these boats can do, and one HELL of a raftup party for the spectators at the same time!
    You would for sure win the big air contest. That pic of your 368 is my alltime fav.

15. Collapse Details

Founding Member - E Dock GENERAL LEE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flight club View Post
    You would for sure win the big air contest. That pic of your 368 is my alltime fav.
    Thanks man!

Are you talking about the one with the good sized Carver cruiser in the background by chance? Just curious, because I got quite a few texts, etc, from people on that one

Maybe I can earn an official Flight Club jacket to wear during a chilly weather flight this Spring!

16. Collapse Details

what about Sorcerer, with the 1850's in it?
    2100's

http://www.sorcererboating.com/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Motorport2.jpg  

17. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lubejobs42 View Post
    We had an electical short that would kill the Starboard motor and the boat would try to hook to the right. Things go a little different when both motors are performing properly.
    Those Gremlins sucked. Tough day......

At least you found it finally.......
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

18. Collapse Details

kvschoolboard
    Quote Originally Posted by MarylandMark View Post
    I'm sure that 40 was way north of 200mph with 4200hp, were they normal at 2100hp or was that max turned up power? what did they get it up to, where is it now?

19. Collapse Details

I'm sure that 40 was way north of 200mph with 4200hp, were they normal at 2100hp or was that max turned up power? what did they get it up to, where is it now?
    I know they did a 155 at arounf 60% throttle which was very fast back in 2001. They had a very hard time keep thine boat straight. I know Rod was going round and round with Skater and Arneson on what the problem was and whose fault was it why the boat wouldn't handle at high speed. Rod said the angle of the transom was not correct and the drives were not the correct degree. It was amazing, the props were about 5 feet behind the stern of the boat. I guess they figured out the only thing they could do without redoing drives and transom was add a rudder for $30k. I think that was when Rods dad pulled the plug. It was one impressive piece.

20. Collapse Details

kvschoolboard
    Quote Originally Posted by Lubejobs42 View Post
    I know they did a 155 at arounf 60% throttle which was very fast back in 2001. They had a very hard time keep thine boat straight. I know Rod was going round and round with Skater and Arneson on what the problem was and whose fault was it why the boat wouldn't handle at high speed. Rod said the angle of the transom was not correct and the drives were not the correct degree. It was amazing, the props were about 5 feet behind the stern of the boat. I guess they figured out the only thing they could do without redoing drives and transom was add a rudder for $30k. I think that was when Rods dad pulled the plug. It was one impressive piece.
    is it still around? were they good motors?