Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details

all the time when we are running hard,....and that is all the time.......

2. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor MANITIE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by redhotsommer View Post
    I'd be willing to bet there is a LOT higher percentage of people who wear life jackets in high-performance boats than in the standard family runabout or cruiser. C'mon...it's like driving a big jet ski at times, and you'd never ride one of those without a vest.

I'll throw one on when the waves get big...wife knows right away it's gonna be a fun ride then!
    You are correct, at the C.G. Summit in 2008 the C.G. report over 80% of boating accidents and fatalities were in non high performance boats,
    In 2008 they were starting to show concern in the Poker Run speeds being run and the risk that was being taken, but was no were near the concern they had for small fishing vessel and canoers not wearing life jackets or worse not even having them oboard

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MANITIE View Post
    You are correct, at the C.G. Summit in 2008 the C.G. report over 80% of boating accidents and fatalities were in non high performance boats,
    In 2008 they were starting to show concern in the Poker Run speeds being run and the risk that was being taken, but was no were near the concern they had for small fishing vessel and canoers not wearing life jackets or worse not even having them oboard
    When I got safety checked at the launch ramp last year, the CG Auggie actually said to me "you go-fast guys usually are no problem, you have everything, its the casual weekender who never has what they need"...and then he proceeded to tie me up for 35 minutes doing a safety check

4. Collapse Details

Back in 97 or 98 got home from work early during the week in late Sept.Decided to take the ski out 95 Kawasaki 900ci was running wide open at about 60 and hit a wave wrong.Got thrown off and hit my ankle hard on the way.It you have never hit the water at 60 you have no idea how hard it is you will slid for a while before you stop.So the ski is about a hundred feet away I am in the water with ehat at the time think is a broken ankle swam back to the ski using only my hands and dragged myself on.Turns out it was just a really bad sprain but no one was around I was totally on my own had I not had a vest or kill switch might have turned out a lot different.
    And to anyone who thinks they can put it on if needed this summer through a vest in the water jump in and try to put it on.