1. Collapse Details
    Inverter/ charger recomendations
    I need to replace my inverter/ charger(Trace) I never really use it but it would be nice to keep the batteries up and watch a movie on a sleep over once in a while. I have 2 group 24's, 1 for each engine and a group 27 for the house. I would really like a matched system with Inverter/ charger, battery switches and isolaters. Any help would be appreciated.
    I enjoy reading all the posts here it's nice to go on a boat web site and read about boats. Keep up the good work

2. Collapse Details

I would look at articles written by Nigel Calder in Professional Boatbuilder magazine. He is one of the most knowledgeable and realistic people when it comes to onboard electrical systems.

http://www.proboat-digital.com/probo...05/?pg=76#pg76

3. Collapse Details

Thanks Brad, I'll take a look.

4. Collapse Details

Just a thought, if it's only a movie, why not stick with DC components? A DC/DC converter may suit you better.

5. Collapse Details

I do have a couple outlets for a vacum and a coffee pot. But it is interesting I did notice that the T.V. coverts ac to dc. I would imagine that DC/DC would be simpler.

The only reason I am replacing is something on the inverter keeps running( 2 separate fans) even in the off position and keeps draining my batteries. Hot and cold temps.