Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Hustler's ads against Cigarette and STATEMENT!!
    Cool
    Has anyone seen Hustler's add against Cigarette? That add I can understand, due to the history and old school design. Their newest add is against STATEMENT which basically states a Hustler has never been passed by a Fountain, Nor-tech, Cigarette or Outerlimits! Are these guys trying to show how technology superior a STATEMENT is? Thats what I get out of this add. STATEMENT is in a league of their own!

2. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    Its been a long long time since a Hustler won a race.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post
    Didn't someone race a 388 with arnesons over in Europe? Maybe with diesels?
    Run until it sounds expensive

4. Collapse Details

Against Statement? Nice one-off, but a reputation? I will need a bigger production than one boat to convey a good reputation... I do respect B-Lee's opinion however so here it is....

Quote Originally Posted by BLee View Post
    Was anyone else surprised at how "neglected" the Statement looked?

Obviously, I realize it's been ran to death over the last few months doing promo's, etc.

What surprised me, is that they didn't go ahead & put a fresh layer of carpet in, clean up/recover the dash, clean it, etc. I mean, it IS going in one of the biggest boat shows in the World, and was sitting right there with most of it's competition, so why not put a little lipstick on her? It was also listing as it sat there, due to the hatch & hardware all resting on that side. Not many of the people I overheard discussing the boat realized this however, and wondered why the boat was "leaning"?

I had wondered how that nice "suede" dash would look after the boat had a little use, and I got my answer, terrible. It was faded to about 3 different shades of brown to yellowish, freyed, and "old" looking, when combined with the worn "football" look that the seating is taking on with wear. The carpet shouldn't have even been in the boat, with the condition it was in.

It's a nice boat, I just don't understand why the guys didn't touch it up before putting it in the show? It would have been worth it to skip ONE poker run, or smaller event, in order to provide the time needed to have it in close to perfect shape for the boat show? I'm hoping in Miami they've either redone this one, or maybe have a new one for us to check out, along with that Cat they're working on.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BBB725 View Post
    Didn't someone race a 388 with arnesons over in Europe? Maybe with diesels?
    The web site says World Champions?

http://www.hustlerpowerboats.com/racing/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 305652.jpg  
    Run until it sounds expensive

6. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    Maybe, but doesn't say when. The site mentioned '08 and there is not one in this years teams line up.

http://www.powerboatp1.com/teams/supersport.aspx

Noticed It says World Championship as part of the P1 logo..

I can't say I am an authority of what goes on over there but, here it has been a while.. It is not clear if they won anything over there either.

Heck everyone is a Champion anymore. It doesn't mean what it used to.

I know they are nice and fast. I am not judging the boat. I am speaking of races.

7. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BBB725 View Post
    The web site says World Champions?

http://www.hustlerpowerboats.com/racing/
    I think they where in europe ???!!! SO EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS !!!! LOL

Just like our WORLDS should be AMERICAN CHAMPIONSHIP ?!

OK ,,not this year since some from europe are coming over.LOL

8. Collapse Details

Anyone else think "World Champion" is not a primary reason to buy a boat? I look at it like Nascar winners, nice but that winning vehicle (whether car or boat) has nothing in common with what you are buying in the showroom! Boats do share hulls with the racers though, albeit different X dimensions, weights and materials.

On the Hustler/Statement thing.......I have seen that statement more times than I have seen a Hustler this year!

9. Collapse Details

Having not seen the ad (but heard about it), here's what I think:

It's an ad.

People say all kinds of things in ads.

Any questions?

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by glh View Post
    Against Statement? Nice one-off, but a reputation? I will need a bigger production than one boat to convey a good reputation... I do respect B-Lee's opinion however so here it is....
    I agree with your post and.....

I had more respect for Hustler before they pulled the facebook press release stating they where going to purchase Fountain.

11. Collapse Details

True they should have cleaned it up, but the simple fact that they can take a 120 mph one-off/prototype/first off the line (whatever you want to call it) boat with 2000+ hp and run the chit out of it for a year, giving rides to everyone and their grandmother... And still have the thing in one piece is saying something
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Trulio View Post
    Having not seen the ad (but heard about it), here's what I think:

It's an ad.

Any questions?
    Especially if its a NY/NJ thing! Its called "talkin smack". Its got people talking right? Thats the real purpose of advertising.

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by phragle View Post
    True they should have cleaned it up, but the simple fact that they can take a 120 mph one-off/prototype/first off the line (whatever you want to call it) boat with 2000+ hp and run the chit out of it for a year, giving rides to everyone and their grandmother... And still have the thing in one piece is saying something
    I am not taking away from the boat design and performance but as far as building a reputation?

I have not heard "Is that one a them thar Statement boats" very often at the gas stations fueling my rig.

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Trulio View Post

It's an ad.

Any questions?

Now you've gone and ruined it for everybody. What next, the Tooth Fairy isn't real?

I have not heard "Is that one a them thar Statement boats" very often at the gas stations fueling my rig.
    Thanks for my morning laugh.

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Now you've gone and ruined it for everybody. What next, the Tooth Fairy isn't real?

Yes she is!!!!!!

16. Collapse Details

Sorry Chris.

New ad slogan: Brand X Powerboats Cure Cancer.

I think it's a winner.

17. Collapse Details

Founding Member - E Dock GENERAL LEE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phragle View Post

I definitely cut them some slack, but not many others did, which is what concerned me. It was still being advertised as an $8-$900 thousand dollar boat, while sitting with it's "peer group" of other similarly prices rigs, and it did not look the part, much less make any kind of "Statement" that I think they were going for with this machine.

A lot of us run our boats every single weekend, MORE than the Statement has been ran, and none of them have ever looked that bad, even after more than one season. The Statement hasn't been wet for much longer than an average boating season, but it looked like it had been through a few. It was the first time I'd seen the boat in person, and probably the first time for others as well.

If we weren't talking about an elite boat, with an elite price, I wouldn't have bothered typing a word about it. Trying to break into the already small, again "elite" class of Offhore Powerboats, AND be taken seriously, is hard enough. Add a very damaged, shrinking list of potential buyers for these boats, and you REALLY need to make a "Statement" to sell a few. The only Statements I heard, were negative. I don't think it's quite fair to the boat, when all it would have taken is a good touch up, which should be NO problem for the manufacturer to whip out, especially when that's their ONLY one to show people so far.

They may have sold 20 boats at the show regardless! I was just surprised to see it look anything but perfect in that enviroment. Like I said before, I'm hoping they'll have a new one for Miami, and maybe have the cat with them as well. :coolgleamA:

18. Collapse Details

I am not taking away from the boat design and performance but as far as building a reputation?

It took a while for MTI to get to where it is now and I still hear people asking if it's a Skater at the fuel docks.

Anywho, it looked great last time I saw it so not sure what happened. I didn't see it at the show so I can't coment about it. As far as the reputation and the boats capabilities, that's been proven at the poker runs this year.

19. Collapse Details

It is not a one off !! It is a molded boat for one and Hustler makes a real good boat from what I have read and seen.
    Slippery when wet. PODLESS TUNNEL www.cheetahcat.com ,Repairs, Modifications and Truing Cheap reliable speed.

20. Collapse Details

Worldwide - Blue Martini Hall of Fame - Your sisters house
    I was going to comment but honestly talking about boat companies and their motives is really getting a little old after a decade of being beaten like a dead horse on the net.