I bought my boat from a good friend last year. Pretty much one of a handful of friends that I have.

After a few hours of use, I break a valve spring and drop a valve. Times tough, I wanted to get running again, he has a motor guy that will take care of it.

Several months later, motor is done and paid for. Still not in boat.

Here is the wrinkle. I broke up with a girl, his new woman decides to be friends with (who cares women are crazy right). This ******* sends me a text message that this was an 11k job, and he did me a favor by helping me out. He was charging me 5k for storage (BTW, 15 miles from my house, where it could have stayed had he not come and picked it up), to remove and replace the motor and for one spot of paint the size of a nickel on the bow (which looks like crap, the clear ran over the edge and he didnt sand it out because the trailer is too close to the boat).

I was under the impression that this was going to be two buddies dropping a motor in and Im out some beer and on my way. The note said that this is strictly business...what a bunch of BS.

This guy is not a business owner, doesnt work, and has nothing in writing or verbal saying that I am going to pay him for anything.

Now, after 7 years of friendship, I am having to get a phucking court order to go 15 miles up the road and get my Skater. My first instinct was to go and get my chit, but I dont want to be rolling around with a 40 yr old man in his driveway.

Can you believe this mess?????