Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FunHome View Post
    I think the Infinity is the one for sale near marathon... Last time I saw it was in 06 when it raced in p4 in key west as Team Bahama. It was blue if I remember correct.
    i think your right, about blue,,,well ther ya go paul. geterdone,,,

2. Collapse Details

Competitor
    soo it can't be a legal length boat with a one off canopy design?? even if the hull was a production model??

3. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by imco offshore View Post
    boat racers think all to smooth,,,i still don,t know how mobilemercman got his 10 liter out of AMY any way good luck to them,,, now we can poker run on sat and race on sun,,everybodys happy ( ladys)
    Shes a good girl.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Bilgerat View Post
    soo it can't be a legal length boat with a one off canopy design?? even if the hull was a production model??
    the hull has to come out of a homoligated designated mold,,,and the deck as well,,, you can build the canopy,,,, u just can,t cut down the hull (free board,,lenght,,,transom,,,ect,,, or the perimetor ,,,length,,,sides,,,ect of the deck,, they have to be bonded together as factory built,,,, and added ,,canopy,,, simple,,,,,,, were trying to NOT ruin the class like the big money did super v,, a oneoff boat can be built,,, and render the other 20 boats useless, if someone is willing to build a oneoff single engine v-bottom,,and spend that much money,,, i,m sure for a little more money, an org, will make them a class, but right now the way it is , a hard working person,with the desire to race in a very competive class, can afford to. do it . with 10 /12 running now and about 8 that could brought up to specks ,,,that would be an awsome line up to be in the middle of.,, i hope this helps,,,good luck and come race

5. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    homoligated
    Just for the record, I hate that word

Always sounds like a court case involving Stecz as a judge.....
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

6. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    the hull has to come out of a homoligated designated mold,,,and the deck as well,,, you can build the canopy,,,, u just can,t cut down the hull (free board,,lenght,,,transom,,,ect,,, or the perimetor ,,,length,,,sides,,,ect of the deck,, they have to be bonded together as factory built,,,, and added ,,canopy,,, simple,,,,,,, were trying to NOT ruin the class like the big money did super v,, a oneoff boat can be built,,, and render the other 20 boats useless, if someone is willing to build a oneoff single engine v-bottom,,and spend that much money,,, i,m sure for a little more money, an org, will make them a class, but right now the way it is , a hard working person,with the desire to race in a very competive class, can afford to. do it . with 10 /12 running now and about 8 that could brought up to specks ,,,that would be an awsome line up to be in the middle of.,, i hope this helps,,,good luck and come race
    ANd they are also nice P4 boats in OPA. So if there is no SVL class available, thye run well in the P's....

But I got to quit saying this stuff, or the price on all will go up.....

7. Collapse Details

i think your right, about blue,,,well ther ya go paul. geterdone,,,
    Here is a pic.... Maybe it ran in P3... and it was Bermuda not Bahama
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New%20Boat%20Pics%202%20011.jpg   New%20Boat%20Pics%20055.jpg   New%20Boat%20Pics%20056.jpg  

8. Collapse Details

Competitor
    How about a "small money" Straight Vee - no steps, being allowed to cut 6" out of total freeboard, Still would be taller than a phantom, and no steps, custom canopy, think you could make room for it?? The point would be to build a different model boat that would fit into SVL without paying the cost of a Phantom, Using an existing older Hull.?

9. Collapse Details

How about a "small money" Straight Vee - no steps, being allowed to cut 6" out of total freeboard, Still would be taller than a phantom, and no steps, custom canopy, think you could make room for it?? The point would be to build a different model boat that would fit into SVL without paying the cost of a Phantom, Using an existing older Hull.?
    gee bilge, i dont want to be the bearrer of bad news all the time,,, but if (and i might vote yes) we were to let it happen, we understand your intentions and reasons and they are why we have a great class,,,, say YES ,,,your doing it to be apart of this, you have hull and trying to get in afforadable,, your in having fun ,,,then???( no matter how flat you make a pancake it has 2 sides) here comes the guy and useses all YOUR reasons and builds the dreaded oneoff . SUPER ROCKET.. beleive my there are a few people reading this post looking for all the loop holes right now, i would get an ok BEFORE you get started, there are rules that could get you approved, and before someone jumps up and says we don,t want a newer, faster, bigger, entry ,,,,your wrong,,, were trying to preserve the class of 20 we already have, i hope this helps you, we can and will do all we can for you,

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by FunHome View Post
    Here is a pic.... Maybe it ran in P3... and it was Bermuda not Bahama
    paul that i don,t think is the boat i,m talking about,,looks good thou,,,,the one i was looking had a drive like an arnison (by harry shoole) on the back,

11. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Ryan Beckley's Avatar
    That IS the boat from MARATHON, It WAS called Frayed Knot and had a CHIEF motor and a PULSE surface drive on it at one point....
    Ryan Beckley

12. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley View Post
    That IS the boat from MARATHON, It WAS called Frayed Knot and had a CHIEF motor and a PULSE surface drive on it at one point....
    So now,,,would this fit in the SVL ????

single engine ,under 30 feet,bravo,canopy !!!!! mmmmhhhhh

13. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    I'll try and track it down and see what's going on.

14. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    If you already own a hull, throw it out there for the current SVL people to hash out and consider. If not, my opinion, the only possible non-step hull that may have a competitive chance would be a Velocity.

I've given Jim my opinion on keeping the class affordable and increasing it to more manufacturers. I'm sure it will be discussed by those who currently run in the class. But, if you have an exact question, throw it out there. They'll review and consider. The answer may not be want is wanted to hear, but it will be answered when they get a chance.

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley View Post
    damn your good ok then there it is

16. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    Are you in the glass or tooling business? If not in the end you will not be saving any money taking this route.

How fast does it go now?

17. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post
    Are you in the glass or tooling business? If not in the end you will not be saving any money taking this route.

How fast does it go now?
    Sometimes building stuff is half the fun.....

18. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    Sometimes building stuff is half the fun.....
    A little off track ,,but your right if u would know what i did today .

Tried to safe money and fixed it dead ,,,,my truck.

Going at it in the morning again after i buy the part i broke !! mmmhhh

19. Collapse Details

Will at Phantom...nuff said.

20. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by THEJOKER View Post
    Will at Phantom...nuff said.
    +1