Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
  1. Collapse Details

And I think the tidal wave hit the cruise ship Poseidon. In both movies. Though I could be wrong.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Trulio View Post
    For the record folks: Neither Mr. Fountain nor President Obama created this nation's current bankruptcy protection laws.

I am defending neither of them. Nor am I defending those laws. I want that to be crystal clear.

But what's happening here is anything but new or unique.
    Exactly, same old same old, my Dad lost his pension back in the eighties when Uniroyal went BK.

Moved plants to Mexico or China back then. It is not a new thing.

3. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    Quote Originally Posted by phragle View Post
    Uhmmm...not to split hairs, but it's when the ICEBERG hits the Titanic..
    No, the iceberg has already crippled the titanic, like being on a sinking ship a tidal wave wont help.
    Some where in Kenya a village is missing an Idiot!

4. Collapse Details

Founding Member - E Dock GENERAL LEE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarylandMark View Post
    Dean?

Speaking of.......whatever happened to that guy?

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by GENERAL LEE View Post
    Speaking of.......whatever happened to that guy?
    Off topic: I still get emails from Deans company every so often.

I invested with Dean sort of. I paid him to review one of my 401K's. Although I am limited to about 30 Fidelity funds, there were enough options that I wanted professional advice.

Dean didn't solicit me any more than he did any other business on the boards. After talking with Dean a few times, I liked his attentiveness and what he had to say so I gave him the password to my 401k.com Fidelity account. I did this in the AM so if for whatever reason he tried to screw me and place some trades I could cancel them before the end of the trading day. This is a 401K- trades go in at the end of the day; not instant. Dean printed out some of my info and then I changed my password back.

After a week or so of looking at my info, Dean let me know what he could do for me. Very honest, very upfront, very available when I called with questions and so on. So I signed up with him and gave him access to my account. I knew some thing about the funds I have available so knew he really looked in to my options when he said he did and knew why he said to get in/out of some things. I already agreed with what he thought I should do and was about to make the same moves on my own when I sought his advice. I like people that are available- if you can't talk to me, answer the phone and tell me you are busy and will get back to me in an hour, week, 2 months or whatever. If I go to voicemail- call me back within a reasonable amount of time (depending on severity of situation even a week is reasonable) and tell me you can't talk right now. Maybe a waste of time for some; for me it is the determining factor if you get my business or not.

So anyway- Dean moved a few things around- some worked out, some didn't but overall I felt my limited 30ish funds didn't provide me enough options to really need the advice of a professional. If I picked all losers my 401K would be within 5% of picking all winners. Yes, 5% is a chunk but after Deans fees (which I felt were fair) it really wasn't worth it.

He disappeared from the boards but is still in business as of about 2 months ago when I got my last email.

Sorry for the hijack