Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Of course we are growing...we hide Stecz in the corner so nobody sees him.
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

2. Collapse Details

Registered
    The Success here, really does go back to the 2000- 2003 oso type moderation of a well oiled site .
    This site is not run by one womans opinions , rather it has many diverse moderators whom probably dont always agree themselves ,making it much more open to many different types of boaters .
    That being said , as one whose bad habit is getting banned from one or the other site for over reaching comments , This site actually moderates the content accuratly . Thank you
    I no doubt in the future will be banned from here,..... from time to time , however the mods here i feel will contact me as in the past , saying HEY thats too far . and I will calm down and be a part again . thats fair .

3. Collapse Details

registered
    Quote Originally Posted by mdkeywest View Post
    The Success here, really does go back to the 2000- 2003 oso type moderation of a well oiled site .
    This site is not run by one womans opinions , rather it has many diverse moderators whom probably dont always agree themselves ,making it much more open to many different types of boaters .
    That being said , as one whose bad habit is getting banned from one or the other site for over reaching comments , This site actually moderates the content accurately . Thank you
    I no doubt in the future will be banned from here,..... from time to time , however the mods here i feel will contact me as in the past , saying HEY thats too far . and I will calm down and be a part again . thats fair .
    Well, at least you know where you stand. I can appreciate that. In a perfect website world, no moderation would be neccesary, we would just settle disputes in the Thunderdome. Two men enter, one man leaves.

4. Collapse Details

Funny thing, I had thought that SOS was a play on words referring to another site being in trouble! Just found out about Serious Off Shore recently and I like it!

5. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool View Post
    Well, at least you know where you stand. I can appreciate that. In a perfect website world, no moderation would be neccesary, we would just settle disputes in the Thunderdome. Two men enter, one man leaves.
    Yea but I want a better lookin chick at the end of the day than that , whatever her name is ,obamas sister with red hair !!!

6. Collapse Details

That being said , as one whose bad habit is getting banned from one or the other site for over reaching comments , This site actually moderates the content accuratly . Thank you
    You are correct we will contact you and you seem to have a bit of an idea sorta, of the "discussions" that go on before anyone is banned or even contacted. There are many opinions expressed and taken into account, we are here to have fun and hope that all the members do also.

The job of being a Mod here has been very easy for the most part and thanks to everyone for that.

7. Collapse Details

registered
    Yes sir, Indeed we have. Thanks for noticing. Our one-year anniversary was the culmination of some truly momentous efforts from the fine team we have here, and using that as a bar so to speak, bigger and better awaits as we aim to raise it. We have some very exciting things in the works. Stay tuned and enjoy. We also have to recognize the wonderful membership on SOS, as it is after all, the life force that sets us apart and will continue to propel is into the future as a community of extraordinary caliber. So with that, thanks and stick around for a great ride.

8. Collapse Details

Sponsor / Charter Member ILMORdude's Avatar
    I love SOS..............no bs and great thread topics!!
    ILMOR High Performance Marine
    570-725 hp V-10 Indy Packages now available....even Racers Packages now!! PM me for details!! Ilmor.com

9. Collapse Details

I think Nick hired himself a writer

10. Collapse Details

registered
    I don't pay worth a sht, though.

11. Collapse Details

what other site....
    does Santa's sleigh have a blower ?

12. Collapse Details
    SHARKEY-IMAGES
    Thumbs up
    I just can't wait for the Miami Boat Show so I can start posting pics of some warm sunny weather and hot products !!!

The more viewable content the better the site gets...

Just a little while longer and I will be free to post the FPC Miami to Key West Poker Run Pics I shots !!!

13. Collapse Details

Tim are you going to be down for the Miami Boat Show Poker Run ? we are

14. Collapse Details
    SHARKEY-IMAGES
    Thumbs up
    Quote Originally Posted by top ven View Post
    Tim are you going to be down for the Miami Boat Show Poker Run ? we are
    I sacrificed the Miami Poker Run to cover the OPA WINTER AWARDS BANQUET as it is on the same weekend.

I will only be at the Miami Boat Show thanks to Sharkey-Images' Sponsor as well as Serious Offshore's Advertiser TYPHOON SERVICE CENTER

Without their support, it just wouldn't have been possible.

15. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    .....it has many diverse moderators whom probably dont always agree themselves .....
    Now there's an understatement.......

We always work it out though.......

You guys make it pretty easy for the most part. Only a couple people I've ever PM'd with a comment of stepping overboard have told me to F Off.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

16. Collapse Details

I would just like to say to our efficient and dedicated moderation staff, your getting there!!! I have worked very hard this last year to test and improve your critical thinking abilities. On a daily basis I have provided you with decisions to be made. I have taught you lesson after lesson in differentiation between wit and wisdom vs. senseless skulduggery. You have done well and passed my tests. You have made me proud and I will allow you all to buy me Rum over the coming summer. Carry on.

17. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by phragle View Post
    I would just like to say to our efficient and dedicated moderation staff, your getting there!!! I have worked very hard this last year to test and improve your critical thinking abilities. On a daily basis I have provided you with decisions to be made. I have taught you lesson after lesson in differentiation between wit and wisdom vs. senseless skulduggery. You have done well and passed my tests. You have made me proud and I will allow you all to buy me Rum over the coming summer. Carry on.
    You've failed miserably on training Stecz though.......

18. Collapse Details

Rat have you seen Stecz's post count in recent months?? very very few posts for several months. He is like a rabid dog and I do my best to keep him behind the fence. every once in a while he gets loose and makes a post (for that I apologize) but I quickly catch him and get him back in his pen. The shock collar I got him is helping greatly.

19. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by phragle View Post
    Rat have you seen Stecz's post count in recent months?? very very few posts for several months. He is like a rabid dog and I do my best to keep him behind the fence. every once in a while he gets loose and makes a post (for that I apologize) but I quickly catch him and get him back in his pen. The shock collar I got him is helping greatly.
    He just got out again. Turn that collar up to "High"......

20. Collapse Details

I'm pushin the button man, Im pushin the button!