Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Should have seen the ride home today !!!!

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by OBNOXUS View Post
    Should have seen the ride home today !!!!
    Yep!!! Talked to Ryan, they left an hour or 2 behind us, and he said it was 2ft or so. Definintly should have stuck around a bit, i'd still have all of my interior parts!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG00320-20100808-1532.jpg  
    Last edited by MILD THUNDER; 08-08-2010 at 09:10 PM.

3. Collapse Details

We will blame it on BZ.....he wanted to get off of the water after the races! He said his head hurt!

Love ya BZ!
    Mrs. OB

4. Collapse Details

Did Ryan make it back on the oil he had today?

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by paulb32 View Post
    Did Ryan make it back on the oil he had today?
    Yup. He just disconnected his bilge pump discharge hoses and plumbed them to the valve covers and kept the pump running.

6. Collapse Details
    Sure Sounds
    Like A few of us got some war wounds , My shifter got lock in by the M.C. ramp luck was on my side Big D was close at hand and got it out of gear and work good enough to get us back to E.C. and that was on Saturday. .

7. Collapse Details

Looks like I blew another drive.. this one was all blue printed, cryoed and polished gears, assembled by Mr. Gadgets at the beginning of the summer.
    I don`t get it, its a light boat xr drive should hold up

Thank you BADDOG (SP?) for taking the time to tow me to the beach I appreciate it.

Last year Brian Miller helped me with the drive, this year its at Kurt Millers marina with a busted drive..

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL View Post
    Looks like I blew another drive.. this one was all blue printed, cryoed and polished gears, assembled by Mr. Gadgets at the beginning of the summer.

Thank you BADDOG (SP?) for taking the time to tow me to the beach I appreciate it.

Last year Brian Miller helped me with the drive, this year its at Kurt Millers marina with a busted drive..
    Sorry to hear that. Supercharged motors are harder on drives. With 600HP blower motor in front of a bravo, you gotta be gentle with them to make them live, especially on lake michigan. Kurt Miller is good people.

So far saturday's run took out two bravo drives...other one was in front of a supercharged 502 also in a 38 Formula.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL View Post

I think it was Bad Medicine Tony that towed you in. Sorry to hear about the drive dude...most all of us have been there!

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by redhotsommer View Post
    I think it was Bad Medicine Tony that towed you in. Sorry to hear about the drive dude...most all of us have been there!
    I sould start my own broken XR parts collection....

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by B.Z. View Post
    I sould start my own broken XR parts collection....
    Start? I thought it was already fairly large?

12. Collapse Details

I lost a teague drive two years ago but it had 275 hrs on it with a 720 in front of it. I just went through both of them again this spring and will do that every year for now on. Water like we had this weekend is a bit rough on them. We had nine people and about 3/4 load of fuel running about 85 Saturday afternoon in that stuff......come to think of it that might be hard on them too.

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Boatfreak View Post
    I lost a teague drive two years ago but it had 275 hrs on it with a 720 in front of it. I just went through both of them again this spring and will do that every year for now on. Water like we had this weekend is a bit rough on them. We had nine people and about 3/4 load of fuel running about 85 Saturday afternoon in that stuff......come to think of it that might be hard on them too.
    Thats was an AWESOME boat ride. THANKS!!!!

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Medicine View Post
    Thats was an AWESOME boat ride. THANKS!!!!
    Boat sure looks and sounds great!

15. Collapse Details

Thats boating right ? lol Man I was really hoping to get more than 20 hrs on a builtup drive. I`m so bummed right now.
    I`ll take the blame if need be but my friend was watching the rpms and me working the throttles, he says I was cutting back on the throttles sometimes even when I didn`t need to as the rpms never went up all that much.
    I was going balls out finally after babying it all summer..
    I would know if I over revved right? Just trying to go over it ion my head to learn from any mistakes.
    The last drive died on the river doing 50mph.
    This is like having a Z06 and only being able to do 70mph in fear of the rear braking. That sucks.. Maybe I need to detune the blower with a bigger pulley

I love the boating community thou.. after we broke I called up a couple we met at boaters and they drove out to tow us in. then hooked us up with a slip overnight then had us on the boat all day Sund. and helped us get the boat out of the water.. great people out there

16. Collapse Details

Sometimes drives break while romping on them. Sometimes they let go several hours later after romping on them.

The thing with throttling is, yea, you dont want to ween the engines while coming out of the water, but you also dont want to completely pull off the throttles and hammer back in it. Loading and unloading the drive is hard on them. Its really a science. One that im still learning, but getting better.

say your crusing along at 70mph, and you hit a wave, and boat gets some air. If you pull the throttle back to idle, prop barely spinning, you re-enter at nearly 70mph again. The water will grab that prop, and wanna twist it back to 70mph. With no help from the engine to get it spinning where the water wants it to, the drive is absorbing alot of twist.

Not sure if im making any sense. Theres a few in our group who can really run there boats thru some $hit, and not break stuff. Mike Sommers is one of them, his boat gets some serious air time in big water, but he manages to keep up with the bigger, heavier, and faster boats. Been on the boat with Magic medicine, and his boat also likes to fly. He does a good job keeping it under control. Obnoxus runs a big heavy boat on bravos, and loves to play in the rough, he can also show you a few tips.

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER View Post
    Boat sure looks and sounds great!
    Understatement of the year!!!

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER View Post
    Sometimes drives break while romping on them. Sometimes they let go several hours later after romping on them.

The thing with throttling is, yea, you dont want to ween the engines while coming out of the water, but you also dont want to completely pull off the throttles and hammer back in it. Loading and unloading the drive is hard on them. Its really a science. One that im still learning, but getting better.

say your crusing along at 70mph, and you hit a wave, and boat gets some air. If you pull the throttle back to idle, prop barely spinning, you re-enter at nearly 70mph again. The water will grab that prop, and wanna twist it back to 70mph. With no help from the engine to get it spinning where the water wants it to, the drive is absorbing alot of twist.

Not sure if im making any sense. Theres a few in our group who can really run there boats thru some $hit, and not break stuff. Mike Sommers is one of them, his boat gets some serious air time in big water, but he manages to keep up with the bigger, heavier, and faster boats. Been on the boat with Magic medicine, and his boat also likes to fly. He does a good job keeping it under control. Obnoxus runs a big heavy boat on bravos, and loves to play in the rough, he can also show you a few tips.
    When learning to throttle your boat you have to become "one" with the boat, become part of the boat. Listen to what it tells you. Brian Miller Jr, gave Mikey a tip on going out and night in some waves and throttle by feel not by sight, try that sometime. Better yet come on one of our boats or let us drive yours and show you how its done.

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Medicine View Post
    or let us drive yours and show you how its done.
    I wouldn't do that if I was you.

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Boatfreak View Post
    I wouldn't do that if I was you.
    OUCH