Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Mini Cat partnership opportunity
    Thumbs up
    Hi All,
    I have decided it would be best for me to take on a financial partner to get the ball rolling with the Mini Cat production. I am hoping that someone I know from here or on serious is interested enough to partner up and help me get these cool little guys to market. Additionally I am acquiring the molds to a 17' 4 seater cat that I hope to release next year. All the right people are involved with the project from Dave "GlassDave" Sikorski overseeing the layup schedules to my local upholsterers that I have done business for years and additional board-members who are also suppliers. Minimum buy in is 35K with a possible additional 25k needed to subsidize the initial run of the 17' cats. Perks of the partnership will include a demo boat to your specs as well as a healthy return on investment. For further discussion or details please call me at either 480 966 2710 (office) or 602 750 0008 (mobile) Thanks for reading!

2. Collapse Details

cool little boats! good luck w/ your venture!

3. Collapse Details

Do you have an idea what they will retail for?

4. Collapse Details

Sponsor / Charter Member ILMORdude's Avatar
    Man that would be a fun little toy! What retail gonna be when you get it all sorted out?
    ILMOR High Performance Marine
    570-725 hp V-10 Indy Packages now available....even Racers Packages now!! PM me for details!! Ilmor.com

5. Collapse Details

12k and up with base power (Merc 25hp) and single axel trailer.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ILMORdude View Post
    Man that would be a fun little toy! What retail gonna be when you get it all sorted out?
    For you guys it would be a great promo tool I think, we can add a turret mounted t-shirt launcher for you to launch promo shirts at your events

7. Collapse Details

Sponsor / Charter Member ILMORdude's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalBrosRacing View Post
    For you guys it would be a great promo tool I think, we can add a turret mounted t-shirt launcher for you to launch promo shirts at your events
    Can we get a V10 installed and the t-shirt launcher?
    ILMOR High Performance Marine
    570-725 hp V-10 Indy Packages now available....even Racers Packages now!! PM me for details!! Ilmor.com

8. Collapse Details

Founding Member - E Dock GENERAL LEE's Avatar
    Do you have any pics of one completed by chance? They look like a potentially fun little toy!

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by GENERAL LEE View Post
    Do you have any pics of one completed by chance? They look like a potentially fun little toy!
    This is one that Sparky from Vicious put out when he owned the molds.

10. Collapse Details

A pair of 200 hp supercharged pwc motors hooked to mini surface drives and you might have something........
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

11. Collapse Details

it is a knock-off of a Cougar Cub, If you delete that step in the tunnel it will be a little faster. That step actually lets the rear squat down instead of using the tunnel to compress air. it turns better with the step in the tunnel but totally defeats what the tunnel is for. I have flipped those every way possible front flip, back flip, barrel roll. I was the person in the boat when it got it's coast gaurd cert, pulled the drain plugs and let it fill up, it floats level when completely full of water and the powerhead is still above the surface, we started it up and drove down the canal untill all the water was out.

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by FastDonzi View Post
    it is a knock-off of a Cougar Cub, If you delete that step in the tunnel it will be a little faster. That step actually lets the rear squat down instead of using the tunnel to compress air. it turns better with the step in the tunnel but totally defeats what the tunnel is for. I have flipped those every way possible front flip, back flip, barrel roll. I was the person in the boat when it got it's coast gaurd cert, pulled the drain plugs and let it fill up, it floats level when completely full of water and the powerhead is still above the surface, we started it up and drove down the canal untill all the water was out.
    Brownie says he made the molds 20 odd years ago.

13. Collapse Details

A vid of one running, from you tube.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsPSJ...eature=related

14. Collapse Details

You might want to contact Checkmate Boats to build the bare hull cause they could build them for less money with there workforce than you could with your upstart cost . they are building bare hulls for www.stmartinpowerboats.com now. that way you dont need investors minimal cash outlay other than marketing

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by phragle View Post
    A pair of 200 hp supercharged pwc motors hooked to mini surface drives and you might have something........
    I've been waiting in the back of my mind for Bombardier to make another significant hull advancement, like they are known for doing, only more in the direction of a tunnel-like hull. Even a tri-hull design would be a big innovation on their already fast hulls, and they obviously have a LOT of money for R&D. It could be pretty bad ass with a couple of Sea Doo's biggest engines they use with their "boats".

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by GENERAL LEE View Post
    I've been waiting in the back of my mind for Bombardier to make another significant hull advancement, like they are known for doing, only more in the direction of a tunnel-like hull. Even a tri-hull design would be a big innovation on their already fast hulls, and they obviously have a LOT of money for R&D. It could be pretty bad ass with a couple of Sea Doo's biggest engines they use with their "boats".
    Man you are ballsy aren't ya I think 50 in these will be fast enough hahaha.

17. Collapse Details

Lee... props are much more efficient than jets, and can you imagine the rooster tail?? hehehehe
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

18. Collapse Details

Fast Donzi is my son, Mike.

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MetalBrosRacing View Post
    Man you are ballsy aren't ya I think 50 in these will be fast enough hahaha.

Hahaha, well... It could be compared to maximum strength aspirin...

Get whatever is likely to kill me, then just back it off a little...

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Brownie View Post
    Fast Donzi is my son, Mike.
    OMG there is another one of ya