Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 1 View Post
    No Disrespect to Pepe and Jo I am Very Glad in Fact they are the ones making this thing go after all this work and Drama!

Here is the story from my view point!

The Pictures take a while to load!

http://forums.screamandfly.com/forum...icon+back+life
    Steve, there is no disrespect in the truth!
    Since day one, we never tried to pass off the 41' as anything else but what it is! Hell if this glorious biz was so easy as people think it is, there are plenty molds out there for people to start building and selling boats.

When the subject has come up I have always said that you are a master boat builder, and an innovative genius @ the par of Harry Schoell.
    Sometimes I have felt that you two are out in left field, but nevertheless I have always admired the exotic laminates that you come up w/.

So I will reinstate it, as far as plug and mold makers go, my hats off to you.
    Good luck and stay in touch!
    pp @ pantera.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by JO - PANTERABOAT View Post
    Steve, there is no disrespect in the truth!
    Since day one, we never tried to pass off the 41' as anything else but what it is! Hell if this glorious biz was so easy as people think it is, there are plenty molds out there for people to start building and selling boats.

When the subject has come up I have always said that you are a master boat builder, and an innovative genius @ the par of Harry Schoell.
    Sometimes I have felt that you two are out in left field, but nevertheless I have always admired the exotic laminates that you come up w/.

pp @ pantera.
    Sir thank you and My Best Regards to you and Family.
    Slippery when wet. PODLESS TUNNEL www.cheetahcat.com ,Repairs, Modifications and Truing Cheap reliable speed.

3. Collapse Details
    SHARKEY-IMAGES
    Thumbs up
    Quote Originally Posted by JO - PANTERABOAT View Post
    I have always said that you are a master boat builder, and an innovative genius @ the par of Harry Schoell.

pp @ pantera.
    Having worked with Steve for a short time I agree !

WOW !!! 33 pages!
    I wish I got in on the ground floor of this thread....

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by SHARKEY-IMAGES View Post
    Having worked with Steve for a short time I agree !

WOW !!! 33 pages!
    I wish I got in on the ground floor of this thread....
    Tim It was my pleasure to work with you also!
    Slippery when wet. PODLESS TUNNEL www.cheetahcat.com ,Repairs, Modifications and Truing Cheap reliable speed.

5. Collapse Details

SHARKEY-IMAGES
    I can't wait until you get to the part on how you gauge you vacuum pressure while vacuum bagging....

Water Bottles are plentiful and less expensive !

I will never forget the night I came into the shop and picked up the stern of the Cheetah Cat with my bare hands....

I wish I had a picture of that moment !

6. Collapse Details

I can't wait until you get to the part on how you gauge you vacuum pressure while vacuum bagging....

I will never forget the night I came into the shop and picked up the stern of the Cheetah Cat with my bare hands....

It was way cool and funny, Jack stopped by and asked me how heavy it was, I did the lifting Cheetahcat demo for him.
    Last edited by Steve 1; 03-21-2010 at 10:07 PM.

7. Collapse Details

I used 1"x3" Pine for battens to strip this simple fixture ,A couple reasons, first I was using #14 Screws to mount the Core and had to drill like a thousand holes in the battens and was trying to avoid the ole break here (worst place and time) syndrome, Second they provided the stiffness needed when the core was drawn up no unnecessary humps and hollows would be created in the fairing.

Also you can see how the lofting repaid me for the day spent drawing and quarts of coffee by the way those pine battens laid down fair and on every frame.

8. Collapse Details

Steve , just curious how old are those pics .

9. Collapse Details

LOL nothing more accurate than a water Column when bagging the ester resins.