Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11
  1. Collapse Details

here is aunion one for you,
    Two guys that work(ed) for consolidated biscuit, tried 6 years ago to unionize biscuit factory, attempt failed. after the attempt failed they were fired. court just ruled (after 6 years) that they were fired for attempting unionization, and forced the biscuit company to rehire them, WITH 6 years back pay PLUS interest.

"On Wednesday, workers welcomed Bill Lawhorn and Russ Teegardin back to Consolidated Biscuit Company in McComb.

They were among seven people who were fired six years ago while a to unionize the plant. "We had an election. I was fired the day after the election," said Lawhorn.

An appeals court agreed that the company wrongfully fired Lawhorn and Teegardin for attempting to organize. The court ordered the company to re-hire them with six years back pay, plus interest.

"I guess I go back with 17 years seniority now. They ordered them to give everything back," said Lawhorn."
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

2. Collapse Details

Worldwide - Blue Martini Hall of Fame - Your sisters house
    I'm pretty sure if onwed the biscuit company those 2 mfr's would have a ver unfortunate accident with a large forklift or dough mixing machine. Then they could contact their atty the way Steven Hawking does if they made it out alive.

3. Collapse Details

Some would argue that is exactly why unions are needed...

4. Collapse Details

Most companies get the union they deserve by how they treat their employees.
    Run until it sounds expensive

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by BBB725 View Post
    can you explain what the heck this means ????

Most people that have unions have been stuck with them for years

unions were needed years ago but not so much any more yet their foot hold in any one company is almost imposiable to break

So maybe unions are now getting what they deserve (loss of jobs) because of how they have treated the companys??

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by catmando View Post
    I've been watching the Congressional coverage this morning and one of the auto execs said his company has lost 300 dealers THIS YEAR ALONE.
    And that is true why?? Because an auto exec said it ???? LOL

I am sure many have gone down or are about to and that is very sad but i am having a hard time holding any credability to what the three stooges are saying.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by boatme View Post
    can you explain what the heck this means ????

Most people that have unions have been stuck with them for years

unions were needed years ago but not so much any more yet their foot hold in any one company is almost imposiable to break

So maybe unions are now getting what they deserve (loss of jobs) because of how they have treated the companys??
    This would only apply to companies who were non union and had one voted in.

A simplified way, be unreasonable with the employees, pay, work conditions etc... The union can be just as unreasonable back, work rules, benefits etc..

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by boatme View Post

I agree with that, unions help create the middle class, but with a world economy they have to help the company become competitive or die with them.

9. Collapse Details

I agree with that, unions help create the middle class, but with a world economy they have to help the company become competitive or die with them.
    yep it sucks no matter how ya look at it

10. Collapse Details

Exactly.

My company has gone to a tiered system- lower pay, lower benefits, lower pension, lower 401K match, lower every thing for people hired after 8/03. No doubt they would have done the same across the board if they could. They treat us like crap as it is; hate to see what they would try to get away with if we were non-union (and my union sucks).

Job banks? Health care for life? Pensions? Companies agreed to them when they were making money hand over fist on the backs of their workers. Don't make promises you can't keep.

I'm sure someone will try to argue the companies were held hostage with the threat of strike and strong armed. I call BS.

Always trying to take from the man that has to take a shower after work rather than before work. CEO's and white shirts caused this; not the guy working on the line.

Oh yea- I think job banks are total BS but the rest is just a living wage and part of a compensation package.

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MarylandMark View Post
    Exactly.

Job banks? Health care for life? Pensions? Companies agreed to them when they were making money hand over fist on the backs of their workers. Don't make promises you can't keep.

Always trying to take from the man that has to take a shower after work rather than before work. CEO's and white shirts caused this; not the guy working on the line.

ahhhh union mentality "we agreed once so it means for life"

As far as whose fault

It is both the white collar and the blue collars fault. There is plenty of blame to go around
    If you think it is only white collar guy why is it you would want a bail out so those same idiots could run the show ?

12. Collapse Details

I don't want the bail-out to go thru. Bed made, lie in it.

I just don't like the working stiff getting the shaft all the time when others (execs) are making millions over millions running the company in to the ground.

I would never have taken the job I currently have if I wasn't promised the package they offered me. Work there 25-30 years to have them say- sorry; we lied is just plain wrong.

13. Collapse Details

Honda has more employee's in "job banks" than all of the Big 3 combined does...

http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/...o-plants_N.htm