Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

As for the people who like jackass type stuff, which one of us isn't guilty of drunken jackassery several times a year, get us together in numbers, add alcohol and we could have our own tv series. I have gone drinking with several of you people...........
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fund razor View Post
    Many people enjoy the "Jackass" episodes and films.
    So, I suppose there is an audience for anything.

A matter of differences in taste.
    Hold up Brother. . . Did you see the midget scenes in their movies?

Spoiler Alert:
    Midget stands on chair to read love letter pasted to wall. Guy hits a lever and giant boxing glove comes through letter and knocks him off chair. . .Priceless

The Midget Chute: Midget stands on dock by river with flight suit on. Two airboats throttle up their props. He pulls the rip cord and flies across river.

And the best, midget bunggy. He's strapped to a fat guy on the side of a briudge, with Jason taylor watching. Midget jumps off, when bungie fully extends it pulls fat guy over edge, fat guy passed midget, cord re-extends, then jerks midget to water. I had to surgically reinstall my gut after that one.

It takes a certain level of simplicity to sit back and watch a bunch of goofs inflict that kind of pain.

But then thye start getting gay and you have to turn it off.

3. Collapse Details

We should laugh at the Clinton, Gore, Kerry, W, (insert more names) jokes for the fun of it. There is a difference between misleading propaganda and silliness. this thread is not propaganda. neither is the "throwing Hillary off the plane and millions cheer" joke.

Bush mocking the WMD search at the WH Corresponedents Dinner or Kerry Windsurfing, dressing like the boy in the bubble or pandering in the woods carrying a shotgun are not funny.

4. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BUIZILLA View Post
    Bush was still a light years better option than either Gore or Kerry...
    That's true. However, on Obama, so far I am not as concerned as I was in the beginning. He is surrounding himself with the status quo moderate/centralists instead of the "Change" people he ran his campaign on. Some of these nominees actually have a brain and common sense. Hopefully they'll use both.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    That's true. However, on Obama, so far I am not as concerned as I was in the beginning. He is surrounding himself with the status quo moderate/centralists instead of the "Change" people he ran his campaign on. Some of these nominees actually have a brain and common sense. Hopefully they'll use both.
    The best way I've heard Obama described was He wants to play President rather then be President. It's real easy being a back seat driver it becomes a whole lot tougher driving the car.
    Run until it sounds expensive

6. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BBB725 View Post
    The best way I've heard Obama described was He wants to play President rather then be President. It's real easy being a back seat driver it becomes a whole lot tougher driving the car.
    His actions so far don't strike me as someone 'playing' President. If anyone in history 'played' at the job, it's the fool in there right now.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jayboat View Post
    His actions so far don't strike me as someone 'playing' President. If anyone in history 'played' at the job, it's the fool in there right now.
    Painting his jet, his presidential looking seal, the stage at the convention just little things. He will be our president and I hope he brings you everything you wanted when you voted for him. For me, I wanted lower taxes less spending and smaller gov, but I don't think I'll ever see that from any politician

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by BBB725 View Post
    true statement, the pres is supposed to be a leader, and Obama said, he will tell them what to do, for the countrys sake I hope it works, I also agree about the centralists that he has appointed. As I said to somone in pm, the sad part is that there are millions that expected their lot in life to change on elec day, or on jan 20th, it wont. then we will watch the media turn and eat their own creation.

9. Collapse Details

Fun is fun
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails barack-usain-bolt-obama.jpg   second-coming.jpg   wheres-the-change.jpg  

10. Collapse Details

Banned
    I think you guys are missing the whole point about the 'change' thing. There is no way to appoint high level cabinet members with no experience- that would be crazy. My take is the change is more of a general style of governing. I think his entire campaign was a good example of what to expect. So far he is doing exactly what he said he would do.

As far as the podium seal and the jet, they hit us as weird, or egotistical, because they are new- as in, nobody has ever done it before. Bothered me a bit, too, when I first saw that seal, but I'm accustomed to it now- there needs to be something there, and a watermelon slice probly wouldn't fly. His PR staff probly had a lot to do with it.

11. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshoredrillin View Post
    true statement, the pres is supposed to be a leader, and Obama said, he will tell them what to do, for the countrys sake I hope it works, I also agree about the centralists that he has appointed. As I said to somone in pm, the sad part is that there are millions that expected their lot in life to change on elec day, or on jan 20th, it wont. then we will watch the media turn and eat their own creation.
    I don't think there are as many as you describe, Rob. For a lot of people, especially blacks, the change came about in the form of the symbolism- the election of a black guy as president- that anyone really can become prez.

Those who actually believe it will directly change their situation in life got much bigger problems.

12. Collapse Details

I don't think there are as many as you describe, Rob. For a lot of people, especially blacks, the change came about in the form of the symbolism- the election of a black guy as president- that anyone really can become prez.

Those who actually believe it will directly change their situation in life got much bigger problems.
    I don't disagree, BUT, i feel the majority are looking ofr a handout at the expense of corporate america. just like the gas prices pushing joe 6 pack to a breaking point, all these people looking for handouts will bankrupt corp America. look at the auto manf, yes there is/was greed at the top, but the company has to make a profit in order to survive. I hear people on the news telling people that they may have to take a pay cut in order to keep their jobs, time to tighten belts, the days of free credit are over. hopefully America can tighten up in order to get through it, but I really see the avg American as fiscally irresponsible, and many more will fall..or go to the gov with their hands out. We will see what his plan of attack is, it had better be good, because all I see corp America doing if they get taxed more, is letting people go, if it were me, I would fire someone in a second.

13. Collapse Details

Obama had no chance of bringing in new people as he had no power base and no experience. Just like GWB had most of his dad's people and Clinton had some (heaven help us) Carter people. The young, idealistic, and uninformed that thought PE BHO was going to bring in a bunch of new people are getting disillusioned and walking away. But they wouldn't have stayed anyway unless he brought in Oprah, Beyonce, and PDiddy as cabinet members. Now the Dems have to put up and walk the walk. They likely have 2 years or possibly four to fix a lot of what's wrong or they will be back on the bench. It cost them four times the amount of money to get a telegenic prompter reader elected over a lackluster at best, RINO candidate who made it to the position simply by hanging in the longest. In the business of politics, that is not a good return on investment. And if the FEC fixes the under 200 internet scamming, the Dems will never see cash like that again.

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by catmando View Post
    Well said. I remember all the Clinton/Lewinski jokes, the Al Gore jokes and the John Kerry jokes(Lurch and such-like humor). Fund razor was fine with all that, all smilin and happy, but now that the tables are turned, all of a sudden he's not so happy.
    Actually... fund razor has been over cheap political humor and personal attacks on public figures for a while now.

He doesn't go find cut and paste crap to drop on here like spam.

He thinks and posts his own thoughts.

And because his opinion is different than Jay, he is automatically sanctimonious.

I disagree with Jay, he calls names and makes ad hominem attacks.

The thread struck me and others as having little purpose other than pot stirring. That is an opinion. This is an opinion and discussion forum.

End of world? Or is free speech a two way street?

And Jay.... so far I have called you controversial and I have suggested that this thread fit the definition of trolling for at least several of us.
    You gonna brand that as an attack?

Of course.
    Warning: This post may contain language unsuitable for minors or math not suitable for liberal-arts majors.

15. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Bothered me a bit, too, when I first saw that seal, but I'm accustomed to it now- there needs to be something there, and a watermelon slice probly wouldn't fly.
    Now that's funny. You guys can pick on Jay all you want. The only time I don't like it is when it gets personal - both ways. You got to admit, there is a good sense of humor that peeks out of his Liberal Leanings sometimes.

16. Collapse Details

What I find interesting about the liberals blatant disregard for Bush is that he spent like a liberal during his tenure...so where does that leave the Dems who now want to spend more to fix what spending more caused?
    Warning: There will be no warning shots.

17. Collapse Details

I should probably disclose that I did once ask "Hey John Kerry, why the long face?"

Warning: This post may contain language unsuitable for minors or math not suitable for liberal-arts majors.

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Gun View Post
    What I find interesting about the liberals blatant disregard for Bush is that he spent like a liberal during his tenure...so where does that leave the Dems who now want to spend more to fix what spending more caused?

Hmmmmmm. Good question.

19. Collapse Details

You mean every one of the slim majority of voters in this country who voted for him ...?

20. Collapse Details

There is no way to appoint high level cabinet members with no experience- that would be crazy.
    Why not? They would fit in with the experience level of the highest office in the land; a former community organizer.