Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Collapse Details
    Skater 30 / Ilmor Indy Upgrade
    Skater & ILMOR have been working together closely on upgrading my boat to ILMOR's new Indy drive. The retrofit is the first for ILMOR as the other boats with Indy drives were sold as Gen 4 engine / drive packages. I have Gen3 engines which has required a team effort from all parties involved in order to see this retrofit project thru. Luckily both companies are located only a few hrs apart from one another. Ultimately it should pave the way for other ILMOR owners to upgrade to the Indy drive resulting in an even more reliable turnkey package.

The Skater is my 2nd ILMOR powered boat & they've been an excellent option for me. Over the past 5yrs I've received unmatched sales, service & support from the folks at ILMOR.

Skater has been working their magic as well. There were lots of options when it came to retrofitting the new drives but Peter & his staff aren't taking any shortcuts and there have been several instances where they have taken it upon themselves to go the extra mile which is the reputation Skater is known for.

While I've missed several of my favorite poker runs to date I consider it a small sacrifice in the big scheme of things. Allowing Skater & ILMOR the time they require to engineer the upfit will ultimately pay dividends in the end.

My goal being a well rounded turnkey, reliable, bulletproof package.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Skater LKN.jpg   Skater 30 drives.jpg   Starboard Ilmor mockup.jpg  

Transmission.jpg   Starboard Indy.jpg  
    "Women want everything in one man, men want one thing in every woman"