Quote Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL View Post
Guess I need more seat time. Can`t use the power if I`m in the air,(and thats alot when the waves are bigger) and I`m never sure when the drive is coming out of the water i`m afraid if I don`t throttle back i`ll kill my brand new drive so I drive slower.

Two weekends ago I had tabs at 7 (way down) that seemed to make it better.. I don`t know if thats right or not

Last weekend was awesome.. 70mph+ no problem in that water.Two weekends ago it was like a washing machine anything more than 30mph and the kids started screaming. Me and my ski were like one I knew its every move, and I loved getting air, now everytime the drive comes out I`m like ****.

I must become one with the boat like the ski haha

Come out for a ride in some "bigger" water with one of us. The best way to learn is first to see how and feel how it's done. The tipping point for me was driving at night in some waves...you are FORCED to drive by feel...and it works. I'd be happy to show you what I know...believe me, I am very familiar with the position you are in right now. In my first boat, I was just amazed at how fast others could go while I was constantly bangin' the rev limiters coming out of the water. I'll send you a pm with my number...if it's bumpy this weekend, I'd be happy to take you for a spin.

And Jason...time is kinda tbd...but I was thinking 9 or 9:30 meetup for the "western" crew at EC or Hammond.