Thread: Whale Wars

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Collapse Details
    Whale Wars
    You guys have got to watch these idiots.

I saw some thing on Other Site Out there about it and saw it was on last night.

DVR from here on out!! My WWII vet Grandfather is even rooting for the Japs!

http://animal.discovery.com/tv/whale-wars/

The forums for the show are full of people that think they are idiots

2. Collapse Details

I saw it for the first time last night.......I agree. If I was one of those Japs I'd claim I was being hi-jacked and am using deadly forsce to defend myself.

Isn't it funny that once those 2 idiots got on the Jap boat....now they are being kidnapped????

3. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MarylandMark View Post
    You guys have got to watch these idiots.

I saw some thing on Other Site Out there about it and saw it was on last night.

DVR from here on out!! My WWII vet Grandfather is even rooting for the Japs!

http://animal.discovery.com/tv/whale-wars/

The forums for the show are full of people that think they are idiots
    These guys are nuts, but growing up on the west coast, and being there when the Japenese Trawlers wiped out the Columbia River salmon runs by using their long nets offshore a few miles, makes me root for the whales on this one. Those guys will do anything to anyone to make a buck in the seafood market. Where is Moby Dick when you need him?

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    These guys are nuts, but growing up on the west coast, and being there when the Japenese Trawlers wiped out the Columbia River salmon runs by using their long nets offshore a few miles, makes me root for the whales on this one. Those guys will do anything to anyone to make a buck in the seafood market. Where is Moby Dick when you need him?
    My cousins and I used to find glass ball the Japs used on their longlines. We'd find them washed up on the beach by my uncle's property at Yaquina Bay. We once found at least a mile of line too.

5. Collapse Details

I have no love lost for the Japs, but these eco idiots really think they are doing something. If I were the Japs, I'd mount a couple of 50 cal machine guns on deck to find out just how brave these eco idiots are, and if they actually have the courage of their convictions.

6. Collapse Details

Banned
    Agree with cat and rat...

Their methods may seem idiotic, but can you think of another, non-violent way to do something about this problem? International courts? Yeah, right... Something needs doing right now to fight this problem- some whale populations are down to hundreds.

At least these folks are out there trying. They are drawing attention, if nothing else, and that's a start.

7. Collapse Details

I'll have to let the west coast guys comment on what the Japs do...if they have been that much of a problem then I have no experience with that subject......

The two things that stuck me funny:

They throw acid all over the decks of the fishing boat..........
    Then come back and "covertly" put 2 guys on the Jap boat, but they do have a note that they are non-violent

-Once the "hi-jackers" are discovered on the Jap fishing boat they are tied up......and THEN the enviromentalist call the law that thier guys are being kidnapped!!!! With all the hi-jackings lately, do you really think it's a good idea to sneak on another boat on the open ocean.

8. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by t500hps View Post
    I'll have to let the west coast guys comment on what the Japs do...if they have been that much of a problem then I have no experience with that subject......

The two things that stuck me funny:

They throw acid all over the decks of the fishing boat..........
    Then come back and "covertly" put 2 guys on the Jap boat, but they do have a note that they are non-violent

-Once the "hi-jackers" are discovered on the Jap fishing boat they are tied up......and THEN the enviromentalist call the law that thier guys are being kidnapped!!!! With all the hi-jackings lately, do you really think it's a good idea to sneak on another boat on the open ocean.
    Their tactics seem nuts to me, but I guess their thought is anything to make the headlines to get it stopped. The biggest problem I see, besides there is absolutely no reason to kill whales that are endangered, is that with all of the countries marking the Antartic as "NO Fishing or Hunting Allowed", when do the other countries start doing the same things in the pursuit of science and wipe out everything? Someone needs to enforce the worldwide rules for the area that were agreed to by the majority of countries.

9. Collapse Details

I got a fishin pole on my boat and boat on the Potomac River between MD/VA/DC.

Try to foul my prop and you will be rammed if you came that close to my boat...

10. Collapse Details

I understand there cause, but no person would board my vessel without a few holes in them first, or they would be going back overboard immediately with more than a few bruises

11. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    If they still boarded your boat with a few holes in them you need a bigger hole maker
    Jay

12. Collapse Details

The fun is starting again!!

The former "Earth Race" boat, renamed the "Ady Gill" was added to the Whale Wars fleet this year.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails earthrace2.jpg   seasheperd1.jpg   ady-story.jpg  

13. Collapse Details

registered
    Unreal. Ya, I've caught a few of those episodes, and for some weird reason why I can't stop watching; just waiting to see what kind of foolish scheme they come up with next. The best one was when the captain got "shot." What a bunch of eco-morons.

14. Collapse Details

Did the new season start? I am like CigDaze in that it is like the train wreck that you can't turn off. I like the show just because it leave you scratching your head wondering WHY. IMO they would be better off trying to effect change in the national law then what they are doing but then we would not have this show so......

15. Collapse Details

south park's spoof of it was the best of all.

16. Collapse Details

registered
    Quote Originally Posted by VetteLT193 View Post
    south park's spoof of it was the best of all.
    That was totally hilarious!!!

"Fvck you whale and dolphin!"

17. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    Just curious, has anyone been to the Anartica and seen these whales?? and on the last show somehow they killed the last whale, then what. Its not like other species havent been killed off, by over fishing hunting etc. I put this nuts in the same group as any other tree hugger, save the manatee, which directly effects a favorite past time of ours. Eating whale is what the Japs like to do, get over it.
    Some where in Kenya a village is missing an Idiot!

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Pete B View Post
    Its not like other species havent been killed off, by over fishing hunting etc.
    So that makes it ok? Stupid is as stupid does. F the Japs

19. Collapse Details

Being an avid diver and enjoying the resources of the ocean, one of my daughter's biggest tourist trade is when the humpback whales come back to Hawaii. I do not understand the need for the Japanese to harvest any whale for food or research. That said, these guys are idiots. Did you see the one where they were lost in the ice flows trying to find a shortcut to get to the whaling ship. I kept picturing them poking a big hole thru that POS ship they have and all hands going down. Taking risks like that with people's lives to save an animal is totally outrageous.

20. Collapse Details

Registered
    Launching and retrieving the RIBs...that's the most painful for me. Frickin' nimrods.

Their own guy taking out the helicopter, that was a good one. I'm surprised nobody has gotten on there and "oops, I dropped this case of smelly chemicals all over the deck"...sabotage their asses.