1. Collapse Details
    Why carry a gun?
    This would be funny if it weren't so true..

Why carry a gun?

Because the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.
    The response time of a .44 magnum 240 gr bullet is 1542 ft/sec.

another:

My guns have killed less people than Ted Kennedy has.

2. Collapse Details

I carry a paslode
    Parabellum FJ²B

3. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Is that how you Nailed the bad guys????
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

4. Collapse Details

yes, yes it is........
    Parabellum FJ²B

5. Collapse Details

Bob, You ever been to Australia?
    http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=325503

6. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

7. Collapse Details

So true....

8. Collapse Details

butane is expensive, I would have driven those by hand " breathe in, breathe out"
    Parabellum FJ²B

9. Collapse Details

True story, just happened this weekend.

A good friend of mine built a new house outside of town about 5 years ago. I've been after him to purchase a gun since then. He sees no point in it. He has some small livestock he raises not to mention a few ducks and a dog running around. I've tried to explain to him that the gun would be more of a tool in his situation rather than a defense item. About as important as a hammer in the woodshed IMO.

Fast forward to a week ago last Thursday. Him and his girlfriend and getting ready for bed in the master bath. They hear a loud pop or crack sound from the wall of the bathroom. He said it sounded like an electrical short or plumbing line popping. They spent about 30 minutes trying to figure out what is was and then forgot about it. Ten days later on Saturday afternoon he's walking through the bathroom again and sees a hole in the base trim. Thought it looked kind of odd and looked into it a little more. Turns out to be a bullet hole. Obviously the cause of the sound they heard ten days earlier. They found the bullet itself somewhere in the bathroom. Called the sheriff and pretty much got told to be careful.

The hole was about 2 ft from where his girlfriend was standing when it happened.

The bullet looks like a 32 caliber pistol bullet to me and several others. The bullet had no visible damage or mushrooming to it at all. The fact that it was able to penetrate the wall tells me the gun had to be fired within a fairly short range of the home thus eliminating the option of a stray bullet from someone target shooting. Closest neighbor is over 1,000 yards away. Highly doubt a bullet of this caliber could do this type of damage from more than 100 yds and that's being conservative IMO.
    A thong is like a barbed wire fence, it protects the property but doesn't ruin the scenery.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    True story, just happened this weekend.

A good friend of mine built a new house outside of town about 5 years ago. I've been after him to purchase a gun since then. He sees no point in it. He has some small livestock he raises not to mention a few ducks and a dog running around. I've tried to explain to him that the gun would be more of a tool in his situation rather than a defense item. About as important as a hammer in the woodshed IMO.

Fast forward to a week ago last Thursday. Him and his girlfriend and getting ready for bed in the master bath. They hear a loud pop or crack sound from the wall of the bathroom. He said it sounded like an electrical short or plumbing line popping. They spent about 30 minutes trying to figure out what is was and then forgot about it. Ten days later on Saturday afternoon he's walking through the bathroom again and sees a hole in the base trim. Thought it looked kind of odd and looked into it a little more. Turns out to be a bullet hole. Obviously the cause of the sound they heard ten days earlier. They found the bullet itself somewhere in the bathroom. Called the sheriff and pretty much got told to be careful.

The hole was about 2 ft from where his girlfriend was standing when it happened.

The bullet looks like a 32 caliber pistol bullet to me and several others. The bullet had no visible damage or mushrooming to it at all. The fact that it was able to penetrate the wall tells me the gun had to be fired within a fairly short range of the home thus eliminating the option of a stray bullet from someone target shooting. Closest neighbor is over 1,000 yards away. Highly doubt a bullet of this caliber could do this type of damage from more than 100 yds and that's being conservative IMO.
    New houses can be amazingly easy to penetrate. Especially if you miss a stud. Other than that... thank God she wasn't hit.

11. Collapse Details

Buck, glad to hear that your friends are OK. Ive found more than a few .45acp bullets in my field that Ive shot through thin wooden crates with no marks on the perfectly in tact bullet other than from the rifling.