Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    1000 Islands, Who was there? Pics?
    First time in 5 years I couldn't make it.
    Who was there?
    Who has Pics?

2. Collapse Details

I am waiting for some reports myself, I have heard some stories but untill verified or someone else posts something that was there I will keep'em.

3. Collapse Details

I was there. Some really nice boats there for sure. The king was My Way. Even though he broke a prop, seeing him drop the hammer after the first turn was crazy. Never seen anything move that fast on water before. The new turbine Airborne from Double R was very cool as well.

I've got some pics that I need to upload.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tom A. View Post
    First time in 5 years I couldn't make it.
    Who was there?
    Who has Pics?
    Hello Tom!!!...we had a great time...
    left Maimi last Wed, arrived in Kingston Thurs..
    launched the boat Fri...
    had never run our "cat" before...
    ran up to 103 mph during the poker run...
    there were about 65 boats i would guess...
    where are all the pics!!!????
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00909.jpg  

5. Collapse Details

boxy said about 48 boats
    Frank Civitano

www.njppc.com

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by nthdegree View Post
    launched the boat Fri...
    The cat looks great, good luck with it!

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by nthdegree View Post
    launched the boat Fri...
    I just want to congratulate you guys on your new boat. It looked great and you guys ran a safe run. We were running with you a good part of the way in our Donzi knowing you could pull away anytime.

I had the boat count at 51 by counting the number of cards sets posted on the board at the awards dinner. I usually take lots of pictures but for some reason did not bother this year other than some phone pics I posted on FB.

Bob

8. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder View Post
    I just want to congratulate you guys on your new boat. It looked great and you guys ran a safe run. We were running with you a good part of the way in our Donzi knowing you could pull away anytime.

I had the boat count at 51 by counting the number of cards sets posted on the board at the awards dinner. I usually take lots of pictures but for some reason did not bother this year other than some phone pics I posted on FB.

Bob
    Sounds like you had a good time.
    Glad you enjoyed it.

Many cats verses Vs Bob?

9. Collapse Details

Bob
    Thank you...
    Bob, my son pointed out you were using the "smaller" boat this year!!!
    My son usually throttles the boat but since it was our maiden voyage we had a very experienced person on the "sticks"!!!

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Shanghied Again View Post
    boxy said about 48 boats
    I had the boat count at 51 by counting the number of cards sets posted on the board at the awards dinner. IBob

Well I was pretty close ....

PIC 1 .. Calm before the Storm
    PIC 2 .. STATEMENT getting on it
    PIC 3 .. BobtheBuilder showing the rough water who's in charge

Look at the difference in water conditions in the 3 pics. The wind didn't change from the first pic to the third, that is all due to boat traffic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC04191.jpg   DSC04199.jpg   DSC04234.jpg  

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by bluellama View Post
    Well I was pretty close ....

PIC 1 .. Calm before the Storm
    PIC 2 .. STATEMENT getting on it
    PIC 3 .. BobtheBuilder showing the rough water who's in charge

Look at the difference in water conditions in the 3 pics. The wind didn't change from the first pic to the third, that is all due to boat traffic.
    Wow, the boat traffic did kick the water up in that spot. In the wider sections of the river it was a lot smoother. Just certain areas were messy where it would bounce off the rocky shoreline. That was when I missed the big guy. LOL

Make the boat count about 53. Add PRA boat and My Way to my 51 count. Also I never saw so many renagade boats running with us as this year. Many of them operating carelessly and giving the rest of us a bad name. It's a problem in my opinion.

Bob

12. Collapse Details
    SHARKEY-IMAGES
    Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom A. View Post
    Who has Pics?
    I can't say I didn't try....
    It being my Anniversary today I asked my wife on Friday if I could take her somewhere special for it.

When she asked where I would suggest we should go I said Canada.

She walked right up to the NJPPC Calendar and saw the 1000 Islands Poker Run was Saturday and rolled her eyes at me... .

She said that I just spent an entire week in Michigan covering boating related stuff and now I want to go to Canada for a Poker Run?

I asked, "Is there a problem with that ?"

Needless to say, I did not make it to Canada.....

13. Collapse Details

Registered
    I just dropped off 6 rolls of film from this weekend to be developed. See how they turn out, I think I had a couple of rolls slip in the camera so I don't know how many I actually have. Never buying Kodak film again since this seems to happen quite often with their film in my camera. It was unfortunate that this years boat numbers were down from past years, and hopefully the event will survive all the controversy being stirred up by all the eco-hippie tree-huggers and be back next year with a larger turn out. It is the biggest event held in Kingston all year and would be a crying shame to see it gone.

14. Collapse Details

Wow, the boat traffic did kick the water up in that spot. In the wider sections of the river it was a lot smoother. Just certain areas were messy where it would bounce off the rocky shoreline. That was when I missed the big guy. LOL

Make the boat count about 53. Add PRA boat and My Way to my 51 count. Also I never saw so many renagade boats running with us as this year. Many of them operating carelessly and giving the rest of us a bad name. It's a problem in my opinion.

Bob
    Bob, there are always rolling waves in that section of the river. Just West of the bridge as you leave the slow zone the water is about 95-100 feet deep, as you near the bridge it drops abruptly to 275-300 feet deep. The current moves through there at about 7 knots. Think about a 200 foot underwater waterfall. When the water hits the granite bottom it starts back up, and that sets up these long rollers east of the bridge. Coming home late in the afternoon the water can look flat and all of sudden you are stuffing into a 5 foot wall.

The renegade fleet was ridiculous this year, they are pretty easy to spot, no lifejackets, no water sense. I'm not sure where the police presence was, but it sure wasn't anywhere near the bridge.

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by bluellama View Post
    Bob, there are always rolling waves in that section of the river. Just West of the bridge as you leave the slow zone the water is about 95-100 feet deep, as you near the bridge it drops abruptly to 275-300 feet deep. The current moves through there at about 7 knots. Think about a 200 foot underwater waterfall. When the water hits the granite bottom it starts back up, and that sets up these long rollers east of the bridge. Coming home late in the afternoon the water can look flat and all of sudden you are stuffing into a 5 foot wall.

The renegade fleet was ridiculous this year, they are pretty easy to spot, no lifejackets, no water sense. I'm not sure where the police presence was, but it sure wasn't anywhere near the bridge.
    That spot is where I've stuffed a 197 Sea Ray bow rider and nearly went over backwards in a Scarab Panther (which then proceeded to stuff, thankyouverymuch!). Great pics. Thanks!

16. Collapse Details

Registered
    Ok, here we go. I just got back the pictures from being developed, out of the 6 rolls, I got 5. One roll had nothing on it. Turns out that the place I bought all the film from has their empty cannisters reloaded and then they resell it w/o telling you that it is reloaded. The girl doing the pictures had all kinds of problems with getting the film developed. Apparantly they did not load the film properly...... GRRRR
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 14990010.jpg   14990011.jpg   14990012.jpg  

17. Collapse Details

Registered
    more....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 15000006.jpg   15000005.jpg   15000008.jpg  

18. Collapse Details

Registered
    more..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 15000013.jpg   15000012.jpg   15000017.jpg  

19. Collapse Details

Registered
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 15000016.jpg   15000023.jpg   15000025.jpg  

20. Collapse Details

Registered
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 15010003.jpg   15010005.jpg   15020003.jpg