Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Center Counsel help
    Guys,

My dad is currently in the market for a 22-25 ft CC. The boat will be located in Cocoa Beach FL, and will be rack stored inside. The boat will be primarily used to fish on the Indian and Banana Rivers and will occasionally go out into the Atlantic Ocean. My dad is a cash buyer and like everyone out there now he is looking for a lightly used late model boat that he can get a "good" deal on. Anybody have any recommendations on a boat??? Today he is going to look at Prolines and Sea Fox. We have never heard of Sea Fox so any info would be appreciated. If had my way I would steer he into some type of performance CC, Jupiter, Fountain, Concept, etc but I don't think that is going to happen! Any help would be appreicated. As far as budget I guess that would depend on the deal.

Thanks,

Andy

2. Collapse Details

I've got a Sea Fox - Really like the boat and all the storage. How much is he wanting to spend?

3. Collapse Details

registered
    That's going to be hard to find...most tend to be fairly liberal.
    Just kidding...

Check out the 23 Yellow Fin - Probably the top boat in this class.

4. Collapse Details

Can we change the thread title to "Center Console Counsel?"

5. Collapse Details

Registered
    Go to Thehulltruth.com for a lot of C.C. info.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fund razor View Post
    Can we change the thread title to "Center Console Counsel?"
    please do spelling is not one of my strong suits!

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by CigDaze View Post
    That's going to be hard to find...most tend to be fairly liberal.
    Just kidding...

Check out the 23 Yellow Fin - Probably the top boat in this class.
    Thanks we have been looking at yellow fins too!

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by txriverrat2001 View Post
    I've got a Sea Fox - Really like the boat and all the storage. How much is he wanting to spend?
    It depends on the boat! So how do you like the Sea Fox??? Tell me a little about it? No offense but I have no clue if it compares to Bayliner or Cigarette in terms of quality, sorry bad analogy but you get the point.

9. Collapse Details

Andy,

I may have something for your Dad. Give me a shout later.

Tom
    Mahopac Marina
    Outerlimits/Sunsation & Stingray Dealer
    www.mahopacmarina.com 845-628-6550 sales@mahopacmarina.com

10. Collapse Details

The best deals on fish boats are at yachtauctions.com. From Cocoa it is about 200 miles south. Jupiters are nice but definitely not fast/performance boats. Sea Fox/Proline are production boats, Proline and Donzi did share a design for awhile I believe. Concepts are not really great fish boats.

Boston Whaler/Edgewaters are made just up the road from Cocoa so he will see a lot of those on the waters up there. Also check with the rack storage place since many have minimums on footage so it may cost the same to store a 22 as a 25 if it has a 25 minimum charge.

11. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Ryan Beckley's Avatar
    A second nod for the 23' Yellowfin here. www.YellowfinYachts.com talk to Kevin over there.
    Ryan Beckley

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by JupiterSunsation View Post
    The best deals on fish boats are at yachtauctions.com. From Cocoa it is about 200 miles south. Jupiters are nice but definitely not fast/performance boats. Sea Fox/Proline are production boats, Proline and Donzi did share a design for awhile I believe. Concepts are not really great fish boats.

Boston Whaler/Edgewaters are made just up the road from Cocoa so he will see a lot of those on the waters up there. Also check with the rack storage place since many have minimums on footage so it may cost the same to store a 22 as a 25 if it has a 25 minimum charge.
    I have been keeping an eye on that site too! Whalers are out of the question, pay too much for the name, in my opinion. From what we have seen there are good deals out there without going the repo route but we are open to about anything. As far as storage goes, cost really not a factor, my dad is getting close to 70 and wants something he can manage buy himself and occasionally trailer with a 1/2 ton truck.

13. Collapse Details

Been looking for something very similar for my Dad for the last year and a half, although with probably a smaller budget in mind.

It seems to me that in this area at least, if any particular type of boat is still moving in the market, this is the one. Plenty of potential "deals" I called on were already sold. Most of the others that looked like a potential deal turned out to be fished to death, unmaintained turds. (All described as "Excellent condition" of course)

Finally found him a 22 Sea Pro with a Yamaha 225 4 stroke that fit all his requirements. We did the sea trial on Saturday and pick it up tonight.

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MahopacMarine View Post
    Andy,

I may have something for your Dad. Give me a shout later.

Tom
    Call made waiting on your return call

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by rainmn View Post
    Been looking for something very similar for my Dad for the last year and a half, although with probably a smaller budget in mind.

It seems to me that in this area at least, if any particular type of boat is still moving in the market, this is the one. Plenty of potential "deals" I called on were already sold. Most of the others that looked like a potential deal turned out to be fished to death, unmaintained turds. (All described as "Excellent condition" of course)

Finally found him a 22 Sea Pro with a Yamaha 225 4 stroke that fit all his requirements. We did the sea trial on Saturday and pick it up tonight.
    Cool, he is in Florida right now and their are an abundance of boats for sale. He and my mom are currently out shopping and there are plenty of clean boats they have turned up in a short time looking.

I guess I am just looking at it from a quality stand point, don't need the best but don't want a POS either!

16. Collapse Details

The only thing priceless about a Whaler is they don't sink.....but they do ask all the money on them. They have a new 34-36 CC out now that is 400K MSRP. It has a power extendable T-Top and other cool features but it is slow with 900 HP and very thirsty.

17. Collapse Details

Well my folks looked at a few Prolines yesterday and they seem to like those. My dad is going to continue to shop around and see what he finds. He did say that the marina's in there area of Florida are VERY small and don't stock many boats.

18. Collapse Details

Depending on the model Proline they like, they may also want to check out Donzi 23 ZF's. One of the Prolines (I think it's the 24 sport) is basically the same boat as the Donzi 23.

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by rainmn View Post
    Depending on the model Proline they like, they may also want to check out Donzi 23 ZF's. One of the Prolines (I think it's the 24 sport) is basically the same boat as the Donzi 23.
    Thanks!

20. Collapse Details

OK how does this boat sound. My dad found a left over Laguna. From what I understand Laguna was once upon a time made my Sea Ray, and were reintroducted by Brunswick in 07 and only made for one year. From what i can see after doing some research that they were built with high quality components and wood free construction.

So hears the deal, brand new left over 07 Laguna SC210 on a brand new aluminum trailer, with a 0 hrs 150 Merc Verado. The boat has a life time transferable hull waranty thru Brunswick and can be serviced at any Sea Ray dealer, the motor was a 5 year warrany as well. The boat listed new for in the mid to high 40's and can de bought in the low 20's.

Does this sound like a decent deal? I know there are better deals on used boats, but with used your are buying used someone else's problems. Want to have turn key boating.